The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

The costs are just bizarre.  Suella Braverman was outraged at people coming across in boats costing the taxpayer £6m a year with regards to housing them in hotels...

...so we're going to pay £160m a year for them not to be here at all?  What?

Sorry to correct you but it's £6 million a day so closer to £2 billion a year 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A decade or so ago, it you were asked for a couple of things you were proud of in the UK, you might well have said The NHS and The BBC.

They've destroyed those two...where next?

Next target will be that man who attacked a terrorist with a narwhal tusk

The tories would never make or defend comparisons to Nazi Germany.

Except when they do.

Speaking to the Sunday Telegraph, Mr Johnson said European history had seen repeated attempts to rediscover the "golden age of peace and prosperity under the Romans".

"Napoleon, Hitler, various people tried this out, and it ends tragically. The EU is an attempt to do this by different methods," he said.

BBC link

He said: "If Monsieur Hollande wants to administer punishment beatings to anybody who chooses to escape, rather in the manner of some World War 2 movie, then I don't think that that is the way forward and I don't think it's in the interests of our friends and partners."

Johnson again, Sky link

A CONSERVATIVE MP has caused a storm of controversy after comparing England’s footballers “taking a knee” in a statement against racism to throwing a Nazi salute.

Clarke-Smith this time, The National link

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Alex Scott has pulled out of presenting football focus :lol: 

What a mess the Tories/BBC have made for themselves. 

kelly somers also not appearing.

surely they couldn't have predicted this level of reaction? they probably thought "ok, shearer and wright probably wont do MOTD, but we'll be able to draft in a couple to keep the show on"

Anyone who thinks this has been a coup for The Tories deflecting the focus away is mistaken. 

Mrs Sidcow had no idea what Braverman had done/said and has gone back to find out and been shocked. She won't be alone. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m sure Lineker doesn’t give a shit. He’ll soon be working for ITV/ Sky / BT / Bein / Fox / ESPN etc and probably earning much more money.

I think he does give a shit, thats the whole point. He would always have been paid more for work on other channels, he chose the BBC because he believes in it. He's on record as saying that more than once.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think he does give a shit, thats the whole point. He would always have been paid more for work on other channels, he chose the BBC because he believes in it. He's on record as saying that more than once.

Yeah true, not giving a shit is probably wide of the mark. I still don’t see him caving though. Not like he’s short of money or work options. He’ll happily stand by his principles I assume. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â