The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I'm not giving the public credit for finally having enough of this shit. You don't get praise for not falling for the Nigerian prince email scam a fifth time

I still remember the bragging and guffawing after the 2019 election.  Those people deserve a cost of living crisis.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I'll wager that a majority of the UK electorate don't even know who the Chancellor of the Exchequer currently is nor will they care. He's an absolute non-entity

In fairness, the government do a great job of helping us understand who is in which cabinet positions as we have to learn their names every time they get caught stealing from us.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Can't believe it took this long

It's typical of this government and the few before it. He's not been sacked for dishonesty. He's not been sacked for not paying his tax bill. He's not been sacked for the massive conflict of interest of dealing with his underpaid tax while he was the chancellor.

He's been sacked because it became clear that the story wasn't going away.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Can't believe it took this long

Apparently he got the report from the ethics advisor this morning then immediately rang him to sack him. 

Also, let’s not forget Rishi tried his best to make this go away with his speech the other week which he later said he didn’t have all the facts. Having all the facts before speaking is quite an important part of being in charge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Zahawi sacked

It's just the same story at the moment where an MP has done something wrong and it drags on until whichever PM it is can't ignore it/brush it under the carpet any longer.

This has been going on ages. He shouldn't have been allowed to be Chancellor with it over is head and shouldn't have been allowed to try and resolve it on the hush while in charge of that department.

There's no consequences. They might lose their cabinet role but stay as an MP.

• Like 1

Just a constant slew of shit, inkeeping with the overall theme of this shameful group of charlatans and actors. 

I’d imagine even the most casual of political spectators are exhausted with them by now, a semi competent labour govt should be able to keep this rabble of self-serving and egotistical tw@s away from power for a good amount of time.

There really should be questions asked about the PM, there's no way this should have dragged on so long and no way he didn't know it was inevitable. He'll have been talking in the background with Zahawi to make sure he wasn't going to take anyone else with him and to steer the whole thing away from anything that might end up in a criminal conviction. I'd love to know who was involved in making the deal that arrived at Zahawi's penalty.

Anyway, Raab first (because it's already inevitable), then Braverman, then eventually Sunak - all over the course of the next nine months, followed by an election result so appallingly bad that the Tory party might never recover.

• Like 4

Zahawi has been sacked from his role, but not as an MP. This is utterly shocking. I've been watching the reports this morning and there's been very little mention of his threats to the reporters who were going to highlight his tax avoidance, they seem to be focusing on him not informing the right people when he knew HMRC was investigating him.

He needs to be shown the boot entirely. He's another Tory who's been proven to be a lying piece of shit not fit to be an MP. No remorse for what he's done. I doubt he's even sorry he's been caught.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Zahawi has been sacked from his role, but not as an MP. This is utterly shocking. I've been watching the reports this morning and there's been very little mention of his threats to the reporters who were going to highlight his tax avoidance, they seem to be focusing on him not informing the right people when he knew HMRC was investigating him.

He needs to be shown the boot entirely. He's another Tory who's been proven to be a lying piece of shit not fit to be an MP. No remorse for what he's done. I doubt he's even sorry he's been caught.

There is no mechanism for this apart from the ballot box

When you say threatened reporters, you mean threatened in a legal sense (as in a solicitor sending a cease and desist letter) not in a physical sense, there's nothing illegal in that either

The Tory Party, if they were serious about tackling this, should have permanently removed the whip from him, kicked him out of the party and forced him to stand as an independent at the next election but they didn't

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

When you say threatened reporters, you mean threatened in a legal sense (as in a solicitor sending a cease and desist letter) not in a physical sense, there's nothing illegal in that either

The Tory Party, if they were serious about tackling this, should have permanently removed the whip from him, kicked him out of the party and forced him to stand as an independent at the next election but they didn't

You're exactly right. I just think there's something incredibly morally wrong in legally threatening people when you're in the wrong, they're telling the truth, and what I believe is something the public had a right to know about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I just think there's something incredibly morally wrong in legally threatening people when you're in the wrong, they're telling the truth, and what I believe is something the public had a right to know about.

The outlets that those journalists work for could have continued to print the allegations and ended it in court. They'd have to be sure to win though otherwise it would be very expensive. They clearly didn't have that confidence

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There really should be questions asked about the PM, there's no way this should have dragged on so long and no way he didn't know it was inevitable.

And to top it off, the letter dismissing him is more praise than anything else. In what job other than politics do you get notified of being sacked in disgrace by a letter that blows smoke up your arse. The second half of the letter had me thinking he'd been promoted.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

The outlets that those journalists work for could have continued to print the allegations and ended it in court. They'd have to be sure to win though otherwise it would be very expensive. They clearly didn't have that confidence

I'm not sure that it's that they didn't have the confidence that they'd win, I suspect it's more to do with misgivings over the longer term effect on them that their victory would have.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â