The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Jareth said:

HS2 now not going straight into central London - but to its suburbs. What a waste of money it has been. Tories ruin everything.  

When the whole point of this line was to get to central London 8 minutes quicker, getting to just outside central London, but 7.45 minutes quicker, feels a bit of a let down.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

HS2 now not going straight into central London - but to its suburbs. What a waste of money it has been. Tories ruin everything.  

Still only a rumour in The Scum isn't it?

If HS2 doesn't go to central London it is utterly pointless

Well apart from Stanley Johnson having his house compulsory purchased

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

When the whole point of this line was to get to central London 8 minutes quicker, getting to just outside central London, but 7.45 minutes quicker, feels a bit of a let down.

I'm sure the Elizabeth line would be pretty fast but you still have to change, still compete with everyone to get on it and it'll still be another 30 mins to the middle. As a consumer I'd just get the cheaper normal train in. 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

This really isn't the point of HS2.

Well, we’ll have to agree to differ, but I guess at some time around the year 2045 we’ll have the stats to see how it’s actually been used.

I’ve got my 50p on it being used to get to London a bit quicker.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, we’ll have to agree to differ, but I guess at some time around the year 2045 we’ll have the stats to see how it’s actually been used.

Yeah.  When all those extra spaces on the other lines are freed up, they're just going to ignore them and literally not run any more local services or massively increase freight rail.  They are just going to look a the acres of empty track and glaze over.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd have thought Marcus Fysh would be more sympathetic to the issue of sewage being dumped in waterways. Stephen Crabb too. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It'll be the only fast (industry term) service between Birmingham and Central London (ignoring the Scum story for now) so your prediction is self fulfilling

The Current WCML will be run semi-fast (again industry term) at best. Semi-fast and local services can be run much more frequently when fast services are removed from the line. Fast services require much much larger gaps between trains and cause an awful lot of backlogs with trains waiting at lights for the slower services

HS2 is all about capacity and moving more people on the existing infrastructure than it is about the much talked about 8 minutes.

The whole project has been badly explained from the off with that 8 minutes being the huge talking point when really its just a by-product of building a new modern track. it really isn't about 8 minutes

Though if HS2 stops in the West London Suburbs, it is utterly pointless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hunt still going with the line that Brexit happened yesterday. 

“We’ll build upon the freedoms we have from Brexit” without actually mentioning what they are.

Its been nearly 7 years and still no specific benefits exist. 

Was there any actual content in his big speech today? The clips i’ve seen suggest zero tangible ideas or plans. It’s just going to get better. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

“We’ll build upon the freedoms we have from Brexit” without actually mentioning what they are.

Was there any actual content in his big speech today? The clips i’ve seen suggest zero tangible ideas or plans. It’s just going to get better. 

And that's all the gullible need to live with themselves—just another Tory giving them confirmation bias nuggets by telling them that everything is going to be OK and that they were right all along.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'll wager that a majority of the UK electorate don't even know who the Chancellor of the Exchequer currently is nor will they care. He's an absolute non-entity

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'll wager that a majority of the UK electorate don't even know who the Chancellor of the Exchequer currently is nor will they care. He's an absolute non-entity

Although that's not specific to Hunt. Apart from Sunak during the pandemic when he was on TV every day giving them free money, I reckon a majority wouldn't have been able to name the CoEx at any point since Gordon Brown. Maybe not even then.

4 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Absolutely, I don’t think people believe it. But this is the government that thinks “Get Brexit Done” and simple phrases are enough to get into power. They think people are dumb, I’m not so sure they are mesmerised by the Tory crap anymore. 

It is and they are.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Another quote I saw was that Jeremy Hunt said the UK would be the next silicone valley, ok fine, being ambitious is great… please say how specifically you’re going to make that happen Mr Hunt…

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

He gave  no specifics on how he was going to achieve anything (probably because he hasn't any **** clue) it was mainly to get the new 4 E's slogan out there I think. 

Don't think clever slogans are going to wash anymore though. Plus it's more of a shit confusing slogan than a clever one. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â