The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I think as Sunak is so bland I don't think the backbenchers can be bothered to get rid. After 3 leadership elections in a year I think most have accepted their fate and will spend the next 18 months getting some nice well paid jobs lined up when they either stand down or lose their seat.

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Lovely headline from the Heil and The Tories today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11665761/Covid-convinced-Brits-Tories-claim.html#comments

If we're going down the something for nothing route then there's likely to be 356 sitting MP's milking second and third jobs, cash for PPE that never worked, questionable tax methods, dodgy donations, and links to Russian money off the top of my head.

They love kicking the poor and the foreign.

Additional context - nearly 40% of the population are either under 18 or retired. That's a pretty big chunk of the population where you would be alarmed if they were putting more in than they were taking out. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think as Sunak is so bland I don't think the backbenchers can be bothered to get rid. After 3 leadership elections in a year I think most have accepted their fate and will spend the next 18 months getting some nice well paid jobs lined up when they either stand down or lose their seat.

The last thing the world needs to another Tory leadership change. Whilst he’s useless in new ways compared to predecessor’s we really need him to stay put until he is inevitably ousted at the GE.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

And in the meantime, a scorched earth campaign to trash as much infrastructure as possible before they go. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The last thing the world needs to another Tory leadership change. Whilst he’s useless in new ways compared to predecessor’s we really need him to stay put until he is inevitably ousted at the GE.

DIsagree. I'll have one every couple of months until they are gone.

Anything to distract them and eat into their time left. The less time they have to do things the better. They aren't intent on changing anything for the good

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harkanon said:

The guy interviewed here is excellent

He (Dan Neidle) is the guy who has been over this from the start - he's the one that Zahawi threatened to sue for asking questions about it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

DIsagree. I'll have one every couple of months until they are gone.

Anything to distract them and eat into their time left. The less time they have to do things the better. They aren't intent on changing anything for the good

There is that, but I think the never ending change of leadership is more harmful as it stops even the run of the mill government stuff getting done / approved.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

There is that, but I think the never ending change of leadership is more harmful as it stops even the run of the mill government stuff getting done / approved.

Not only that the markets suffer, the pound drops, inflation goes up further, mortgages rise.  We need stability until the next general election 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not only that the markets suffer, the pound drops, inflation goes up further, mortgages rise.  We need stability until the next general election 

That isn't true. Markets like stability, a constant merry go round of no policy would bring that. It wasn't the Truss leadership campaign that caused market instability, it was installing the barmpot as leader that caused the financial turmoil.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

That isn't true. Markets like stability, a constant merry go round of no policy would bring that. It wasn't the Truss leadership campaign that caused market instability, it was installing the barmpot as leader that caused the financial turmoil.

If they let the membership decide again they'd pick another right wing leader. So its better to leave things as they are until Labour get in. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If they let the membership decide again they'd pick another right wing leader. So its better to leave things as they are until Labour get in. 

That's a fair point

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yep, all the candidate needs to say is we’ll destroy every UK town and city to make it so shit foreigners won’t dream of coming here and they’d get the job.

• Like 1

You can't help but feel that this isn't going to stop or change until we start seeing criminal convictions.

I genuinely think we're going to need a prison sentence or two at ministerial level to change politics in this country.

It's crying out for that at the moment.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

He (Dan Neidle) is the guy who has been over this from the start - he's the one that Zahawi threatened to sue for asking questions about it.

To be completely accurate, he jumped on after the Independent reported that Zahawi was being investigated by the Tax man, in the summer, but what he did was then to piece together more detail and take the story further.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â