The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Do t forget all the tax payer subsidised food and booze in the workplace

Yeah, this is what I was getting at.

You can make £30k go much further when you don’t have to buy food & drink.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s another why for the “why do politicians still use Twitter” pile.

They NEVER come out of it well. 

It’s like they don’t know that people can comment on their posts.

Has it occurred to you that it’s probably her who sent the tweet :D 

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because lots of MPs don’t do all their own social media.

Lee Anderson very much does though.

His feed is a car crash of him ironing, polishing shoes and recording the train of thought of a moron.

There's no more feed that is more obviously self-curated than his.

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Lee Anderson very much does though.

His feed is a car crash of him ironing, polishing shoes and recording the train of thought of a moron.

There's no more feed that is more obviously self-curated than his.

I really don't read it tbh because he's a clearing in the woods

Lancashire Police are "looking into" Rishi Sunak after he was filmed not wearing a seat belt while a passenger in a moving car.

The prime minister has apologised for the incident, saying it was an "error of judgement" to take his seat belt off to film a social media clip.

Not wearing a seat belt carries a maximum £500 fine.

———————

Passengers caught failing to wear a seat belt when one is available, unless covered by a valid exemption, can be given an on-the-spot £100 fine. The fine can increase to £500 if the case goes to court.

It would be hilarious if he got another fine :crylaugh: 

link

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If they're making lists of crime committed by Tory MPs that they should be investigating, this would come a long way down the list.

True, but this there absolutely no investigation needed. It’s a slam dunk if they choose to fine him.

And if they don’t… why not?

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If they're making lists of crime committed by Tory MPs that they should be investigating, this would come a long way down the list.

yep and I also wonder when the last time Lancashire Police prosecuted a rear seatbelt offence

Just now, Genie said:

True, but this there absolutely no investigation needed. It’s a slam dunk if they choose to fine him.

And if they don’t… why not?

Because then they'd have to prosecute people everytime someone shares as photo of themselves or their friends on social media not wearing a setbelt in the rear of a vehicle

It's a zero point offence, the standard first time fine is about £60. It probably costs more to prosecute than they collect

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Because then they'd have to prosecute people everytime someone shares as photo of themselves or their friends on social media not wearing a setbelt in the rear of a vehicle

It's a zero point offence, the standard first time fine is about £60. It probably costs more to prosecute than they collect

It would be hilarious though.

I’m just waiting for a picture of Starmer to emerge not wearing a seat belt. 

“They’re all the same”

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Her father is a Brigadier, was former CEO of the British Army and is currently COO of York Minster.

Her school was £20k a term, not a year.

The poor girl has not just been exposed by her pathetic boss to make a political point about people he hates and doesn't understand, she's also exposed the bizarre takeover of the Tory party by the aristocracy and multi-millionaires..

How much do we reckon she's worth, £10m? £20m?

Does he not know who she is?

People voted for this moron.

This is just who they are. 

Rich people, who hire the children of rich and either have no idea how regular people live, or do and choose to mock them. 

This is what people are voting for.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

why does she have student debt?

Because it's cheap debt and she'll be paying back less than £50 a month on that wage. The debt gets wiped after 30 years, if she stays at that income level, she'll only pay back about £20k of the debt. If she's out of work at any point or her wage drops below the threshold she'll stop paying until it rises again. There is a likelihood that she'll never pay the full amount so why pay it off, it's cheaper not to

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because it's cheap debt and she'll be paying back less than £50 a month on that wage. The debt gets wiped after 30 years, if she stays at that income level, she'll only pay back about £20k of the debt. If she's out of work at any point or her wage drops below the threshold she'll stop paying until it rises again. There is a likelihood that she'll never pay the full amount so why pay it off, it's cheaper not to

Each to their own I guess. If I was in a position to pay £20k per term for my kids education I wouldn’t be saddling them with student debt just because it might save a few quid over 3 decades.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â