The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

What annoys me is that any criticism (rightly) thrown Hancock's way should also be attributable to his PM at the time, De Pfeffel. 

He should be every bit as universally despised (I know he is already by anyone with half a brain).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What annoys me is that any criticism (rightly) thrown Hancock's way should also be attributable to his PM at the time, De Pfeffel. 

He should be every bit as universally despised (I know he is already by anyone with half a brain).

It’s amazing just how easily some people can make their minds up and then stick with it.

The obvious one is the red bus, people saw it and it’s etched into their brains.

The other thing Boris did which seems to have won over millions of people was grabbing a beer with the genera public during covid. The widespread masses came to the conclusion he was a great, normal guy who enjoys a pint at a local pub like everyone else. 

It was an immense bit of PR and a major reason why people have sympathy for him failing but doing his best.

Vallance accused Hancock of being incompetent, inept and inadequate for the job of organising and delivering a Covid strategy, face to face in a shouting match.

Vallance took his argument to BJ, who quite correctly sided with Vallance, and Bingham was appointed in favour of Team Hancock.

An addendum to this story, that's become more relevant since. Whilst the likes of Raab and Gove argued with the science in COBRA meetings (which the Brexit PM swerved), Sunak's position was one of resisting assistance to the wider population.

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Sunak's position was one of resisting assistance to the wider population.

Yep, and no matter how many times this is pointed out, somehow he's still Sunak who delivered on furlough. Takes the glory for something he argued against

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s amazing just how easily some people can make their minds up and then stick with it.

The obvious one is the red bus, people saw it and it’s etched into their brains.

The other thing Boris did which seems to have won over millions of people was grabbing a beer with the genera public during covid. The widespread masses came to the conclusion he was a great, normal guy who enjoys a pint at a local pub like everyone else. 

It was an immense bit of PR and a major reason why people have sympathy for him failing but doing his best.

Yep, convincing people that Boris Johnson is just like them is one of the biggest achievements in history. It couldn't be further from the truth.

That quote about trees voting for the axe because it was made of wood just like them, comes to mind

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, and no matter how many times this is pointed out, somehow he's still Sunak who delivered on furlough. Takes the glory for something he argued against

People have forgotten that he didn’t want the poorest children to eat whilst the schools were closed either.

• Like 1

When Mrs. Thatcher, during her election campaign in 1983, first raised the issue of “Victorian values,” she said that she was grateful to have been brought up by a Victorian grandmother who taught her those values: hard work, self-reliance, self-respect, cleanliness, neighborliness, pride in country. “All of these things,” she said, “are Victorian values. They are also perennial values.”

Screenshot_2022-11-15-11-37-09-24_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, convincing people that Boris Johnson is just like them is one of the biggest achievements in history. It couldn't be further from the truth.

That quote about trees voting for the axe because it was made of wood just like them, comes to mind

Turkeys voting for Christmas

Norwich fans wishing for promotion

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When Mrs. Thatcher, during her election campaign in 1983, first raised the issue of “Victorian values,” she said that she was grateful to have been brought up by a Victorian grandmother who taught her those values: hard work, self-reliance, self-respect, cleanliness, neighborliness, pride in country. “All of these things,” she said, “are Victorian values. They are also perennial values.”

Screenshot_2022-11-15-11-37-09-24_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Council tax makes up 50% of local government funding. The rest comes from government grants and business rates. Inflation is running at over 10% and your council tax will now be allowed to go up by a maximum of 4.99% so even with the increase councils will have a huge black hole to fill which is why they will have to make the cuts.

I trust you are putting the blame where it needs to go - the Tory government of the last 12 years,

Councils waste so much money though mark - if i showed you in my previous area jesus christ but wont get into that

And yes of course im blaming them as its sunak and hunt.

Im a BAND F so my council tax already is astronomical. How the hell are people meant to live gas electricity food higher mortgages and now CT with whatever other shit they going to throw at us.

The future is so bleak here

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â