The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I don't think you'll ever change the minds of the true believers; it was not about something tangible that could be proven/disproven with data for a lot of them.  However there was probably a big group who were not too bothered either way back in 2016 who might have formed a stronger view now. 

I think there were a hell of a lot of people who just thought what the heck, suck it an see.    I'm pretty sure there is a big enough swing in them to move it to join the EU.

Plus a lot of old people who were leavers have died and most new voters would vote to join.

In my own immediate family we've lost 2 who voted out and not got 2 new voters who would vote in.  That's a hell of a swing in a small sample.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Note the number of arrivals has hardly chnged but the backlog is growing almost exponentially

It's starting to look like slashing funding for public services has all kinds of unforeseeable consequences

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

“Let’s stop pretending they’re all refugees in distress” 

She’s absolutely vile. Justifying putting actual human beings in packed and unsanitary conditions just because you think they’re not deserving of humane treatment.

I alluded to this earlier, inhumane conditions are deliberate. They think it’ll deter them (like a flight to Rwanda).

Apart from the disgusting rhetoric, just think, there are some people so **** stupid that they hear/read "The British people deserve to know which party is serious about stopping the invasion on our southern coast and which party is not", and they think "yeah, you know what, it's the party who've overseen this shitshow for 12 years who can sort it out.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Wow, it turns out Braverman is probably the worst human being currently alive. 

All we know is that she's the most disgusting, dehumanising, uncompassionate, unqualified, disgraced Home Secretary since Priti Patel.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

All we know is that she's the most disgusting, dehumanising, uncompassionate, unqualified, disgraced Home Secretary since Priti Patel.

Are people buying this fascist bulls**t, though? I bet they are. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that most people are clearings in the woods.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

She’s absolutely vile. Justifying putting actual human beings in packed and unsanitary conditions just because you think they’re not deserving of humane treatment.

In distress from coming over on a blow up dingy, or genuinely in distress fleeing a country where the police torture criminals. Or just after a better life in Britain. I don't really see many women and children coming over these days, a huge percentage are just men.

Where do they go if it's found they are criminals fleeing jail, or if they fail to prove who they are because they have no documents or passports, I'd like to see figures.

There is no doubt it needs to be controlled much better, we are a country on it's knees, people going to food banks, living on the streets, I can see why the immigration debate gets out of hand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't really see many women and children coming over these days, a huge percentage are just men.

How often do you go to the Kent coast to watch the boats land out of curiosity?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The demographics are here for interest (for 2021):

https://asylumineurope.org/reports/country/united-kingdom/statistics/

Gender/age breakdown of the total number of applicants: 2021

Number Percentage
Total number of applicants 56,495 100%
Men (incl. children) 45,124 80%
Women (incl. children) 11,147 20%
Children 6,215 11%
Unaccompanied children 3,762 7%

Source: National Statistics Authority; Home Office

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Let's stop pretending anyone voted for these words removed. 

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

In distress from coming over on a blow up dingy, or genuinely in distress fleeing a country where the police torture criminals. Or just after a better life in Britain. I don't really see many women and children coming over these days, a huge percentage are just men.

Where do they go if it's found they are criminals fleeing jail, or if they fail to prove who they are because they have no documents or passports, I'd like to see figures.

There is no doubt it needs to be controlled much better, we are a country on it's knees, people going to food banks, living on the streets, I can see why the immigration debate gets out of hand.

Where they’re coming from and why isn’t the point.

Anyone who comes over deserves to be treated like a human being while their case is being dealt with. Not crammed into an overcrowded centre like an animal in inhuman conditions. There’s a backlog of cases that have built up which means there’s more people in the system but as the chart someone posted above demonstrates, it isn’t because there’s vastly more people arriving. It’s due to underfunding and neglect. A deliberate attempt to make the experience of having your case heard as uncomfortable and humiliating as possible.

On whether there’s more men than women and children. You’re right in that but ask yourself why that’s the case. If we actually took the people from the camps and dislocated people around the world we’d see a balance but if the only way to get here is by walking and hitchhiking across Europe then it’s not a surprise that those caring for small children, the weak and the old either don’t make it or see it as too big of a risk.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â