The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

It’s not been a good day for him in the media:

Who told him this would be a good idea?

The mind boggles as to who thought this would be good publicity without thinking of the obvious pitfalls

Rishi, it would  be a great idea with great optics, if you went and talked to that land mine over there. Just kick it so it knows you are there

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wrote to my MP to complain about their actions (at the start of the Liz Truss cluster duck)

I've had a letter from him today. Just a generic response about Sunak now being in charge and not specifically addressing anything I'd said. 

So my mind is unchanged. Not a chance in hell they get my vote next election, not that there is anything he could have written to get that but still. 

Edited by sidcow

It’s not going away… 

An email sent from Suella Braverman's personal account on the day she had to resign over a security breach could throw fresh doubt over her claims about the speed with which she took action.

The email, seen by the BBC, told the recipient of a highly sensitive message that Ms Braverman had sent in error to "delete and ignore" it.

She has said she reported the mistake "rapidly" to officials.

But the BBC understands it took hours for her to respond.

BBC

The BBC have done a great job stirring the pot the last few months.

Is no one posting about this story? This from ITV but its all over the media

Liz Truss' phone reportedly hacked by Russian spies while foreign secretary

Liz Truss’s phone was reportedly hacked by suspected Russian spies while she was foreign secretary - leading to calls for the government to urgently investigate.

The breach was discovered when then-foreign secretary Ms Truss was running for the Tory leadership in the summer, but details were suppressed by then-prime minister Boris Johnson and Cabinet Secretary Simon Case, The Mail on Sunday reported.

Spies suspected of working for Russian president Vladimir Putin gained access to sensitive information, including discussions about the Ukraine war with foreign officials, the newspaper said, citing unnamed sources.

It also claimed private conversations between Ms Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng criticising Mr Johnson fell into the hackers’ hands, potentially leaving them at risk of blackmail.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Latest polling shows that Sunaks Tories are more trusted to fix the economy than Starmers Labour. How thick/gullible are people if they think the bastards that broke the economy, the bastards responsible for the lack of growth since 2010, the bastards responsible for the huge increase in government debt since 2010 (even pre covid) are the people we should trust to fix it all. You couldn't make it up could you. 

Which way are they saying they'll vote though? Labour still around or above 50% and Tories still low 20%s There appears to have been a VERY minor swing from L to C of about 6% which i pretty normal and well within the margin of error of any poll

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Which way are they saying they'll vote though? Labour still around or above 50% and Tories still low 20%s There appears to have been a VERY minor swing from L to C of about 6% which i pretty normal and well within the margin of error of any poll

It is an Observer poll. They have Labour on 44% share of the vote, down six points since last week. The Tories are on 28%, up five points since last week, so pretty much your 6%.

In fairness you'd always expect a new PM bounce, and an even bigger bounce this time given they were replacing Truss. 

I personally don't get how some people see this as a new government though. They are still Tories, the same Tories who have ruined the country since 2010.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is an Observer poll. They have Labour on 44% share of the vote, down six points since last week. The Tories are on 28%, up five points since last week, so pretty much your 6%.

In fairness you'd always expect a new PM bounce, and an even bigger bounce this time given they were replacing Truss. 

I personally don't get how some people see this as a new government though. They are still Tories, the same Tories who have ruined the country since 2010.

It should be said this is the highest swing of any poll conducted this week, the others are mainly half that

Pollster Con Lab LD Grn RUK Con lead Fieldwork
Omnisis 25%
(+3)
53%
(-3)
7%
(-3)
4%
(nc)
6%
(+3)
-28% 27-28/10
Opinium 28%
(+5)
44%
(-6)
10%
(+1)
5%
(-1)
-16% 26-28/10
Survation 27%
(+4)
51%
(-1)
8%
(-3)
2%
(-1)
1%
(-1)
-24% 26-27/10
Techne 26%
(+4)
50%
(-3)
10%
(-1)
5%
(nc)
-24% 26-27/10
PeoplePolling 20%
(+6)
51%
(-2)
9%
(-2)
5%
(-1)
7%
(+2)
-31% 26/10
Redfield &
Wilton
23%
(+2)
55%
(+1)
9%
(-2)
5%
(+1)
4%
(nc)
-32% 25-26/10
YouGov 23%
(+4)
51%
(-5)
9%
(-1)
4%
(nc)
6%
(+1)
-28% 25-26/10
BMG 26%
(-4)
49%
(+2)
10%
(+1)
5%
(nc)
5%
(+2)
-23% 24-26/10
Savanta
ComRes
25%
(+3)
51%
(-1)
8%
(-3)
2%
(nc)
-26% 21-23/10
Deltapoll 25%
(+2)
51%
(-4)
10%
(+3)
5%
(+1)
3%
(nc)
-26% 20-23/10

Mark Pack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of the Tory voters are lifers aren’t they. They just need half a reason to vote for them. Now they’ll be convincing themselves this is a fresh start and all that went before was the old regime.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â