The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I wonder whether he's talking about this:

I think that's relating to the investments made by private pensions to cover their liabilities to future and current pensioners. They are heavily invested in government bonds and as Truss has devalued them they are having to sell them to cover their liabilities. It's a catch 22, the more they sell the lower the value goes, hence the bank of England buying them to try and keep their value up. 

I'm referring to the state pension

Second State Pension Age Review launches

The next review of State Pension age has been launched by the government today.

s300_dwp-caxton-house-logo-960.jpg  

The review will consider whether the rules around pensionable age are appropriate, based on the latest life expectancy data and other evidence.

The Pensions Act 2014 requires government to regularly review State Pension age, and in accordance with law, this latest Review must be published by 7 May 2023.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/second-state-pension-age-review-launches

Edited by tinker

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not even considering the state pension. I'll class it as a bonus if I get it when i'm 68. 

Yep, I contracted out of SERPS the second I could all those years ago because I didn't trust the bastards not to take it off me. 

I've had a private pension since I was 19 and I'll retire the second I can regardless of what they say. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yep, I contracted out of SERPS the second I could all those years ago because I didn't trust the bastards not to take it off me. 

I've had a private pension since I was 19 and I'll retire the second I can regardless of what they say. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dwz54jvojhs4tgoins

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bloody hell Liz Truss & Kwasi Kwarteng really have proven to be utterly incompetent. I think the Conservative party owes the country some kind of correction here. Whoever all the Tory powerbrokers are they need to start calling in favours. This is doing real damage to peoples futures including Conservative voters futures.

She needs to undo everything but the energy bill subsidies and eat crow. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

What is currently happening is tantamount to a bloodless coup by economic illiterates

No-one voted for this lunacy

The only good that will come of this is the death of the Tory Party and the sooner that those elements within the party realise this, leave the Party, forming another, leaving Truss without a majority and help form a Unity Govt with all other parties to stabilise this mess the better.

I think it's probably the only way to get rid of Truss / Kwarteng in time to save the country.

I also think it's unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

No-one voted for this lunacy

Not this precise flavour. But in 2019 they voted for a bunch of stupid people promising to do some really stupid things that would damage the country. 

They can't really complain too loudly if the party they voted for then does some really stupid things that damage the country, even if there are now a few extra sprinkles and wafers on top of the horse manure sundae that they ordered. 

• Like 4

Jacob Rees-Mogg's claims recent economic turmoil is not linked to the mini-budget have been criticised.

The business secretary said market volatility could be due to the Bank of England's failure to raise interest rates in line with the US.

"It's much more to do with interest rates than it is do with a minor part of fiscal policy," he told the BBC.

This guys ability to bare-face lie despite a world of views and information to the contrary is something to behold.

link

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â