The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And another.

Quite a brilliant move really. Instead of one car crash interview this morning, she’s chosen to do eight. 

She’s basically denying Friday ever happened and making out people are upset that they’re borrowing money to pay for the energy cap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

She's so bad at speaking and knowing why she has done what she's done.

Entirely in keeping with other MPs' experience of her. Someone you can have a laugh with but incapable of a detailed, nuanced conversation or of showing any interest in policy.

Similar to what ministers and backroom staff said about Johnson (and Trump, incidentally). Seems to be something of a trend lately.

• Like 1

It has to make you think that everything we’re seeing is totally deliberate.

The Tory party folks must have known Truss would be a car crash when it came to having to do something like speaking, because she’s proved herself entirely incapable of doing it in the past.

So why was she chosen as leader? Why was she even nominated in the first place? 

I really don’t think it’s beyond reason that they know they’re totally screwed already for the next GE following the Boris shambles and they just needed an idiot to throw under the bus, someone totally redundant to the future of the party, step forward Liz Truss.

She is going to get destroyed at PMQ’s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The Tory party folks must have known Truss would be a car crash when it came to having to do something like speaking, because she’s proved herself entirely incapable of doing it in the past.

I really don’t think it’s beyond reason that they know they’re totally screwed already for the next GE following the Boris shambles and they just needed an idiot to throw under the bus, someone totally redundant to the future of the party, step forward Liz Truss.

Tax cuts I reckon. Nobody else was stupid enough to push them through.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So why was she chosen as leader?

MPs probably wouldn't have chosen her. It was the Surrey golf club pensioners who had the final say. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If you look at some of the WhatsApp exchanges between ERG members, they wanted her to no other reason than her continued support on Brexit and the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill. As for the party membership, there were plenty who didn't trust Sunak with Brexit, but, really, his fate was sealed when he argued against immediate tax cuts. I wish I could say there was much more to it than that.

Edited by His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

What are the chances of a general election being called anytime soon? Something needs to be done before this bunch of criminals completely destroy the country.

None at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â