The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rishi cut it right back if you remember :lol: 
We’d all be in a right mess without that 5p a litre.

That was Fuel Duty not VAT, VAT on Fuel has been raking in money to the government coffers

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That was Fuel Duty not VAT, VAT on Fuel has been raking in money to the government coffers

Yeah I know, I was just joking. 

With the billions we’re already spending on current debt interest I doubt there’s a pot full of money ready to spend on the energy crisis.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rishi was dight though about ine thung tackling inflation is the biggest issue and getting that lower. Truss has not said anything in how she is going to do this.

"The sludge" is going to be a collosal failure in my opinion

I can't see how she can possibly succeed by any measure.

There's no enemy at the gate to justify the sacrifice and the misery about to be inflicted on the British public, and absolutely no one to blame for the economic collapse, the confiscation of people's savings, the bankrupt businesses, the unemployment and the excess deaths which are begining to accrue from the lockdown.

Sunak has already poisoned the well of public opinion by exposing the Government's wrong-headed knee-jerk response to Covid.

She struck her Faustian bargain and will pay the inevitable price.

21 hours ago, Straggler said:

My dad was round mine the other day. He is normally the sort of bloke who always has a plan and the drive to find a way through most things. He told me the most sensible thing to do now is to leave the country and if he was my age he wouldn't give it a second thought. He sees the country going to the dogs and no way back for generations if at all. It came as quite a shock to hear that from him as his analysis is normally spot on.

It's not just the Tories, it's the ecosystem that supports them. The media, the money, the corruption, the voting system, they have clubbed together to ensure that all the wealth gets concentrated into fewer and fewer hands. It will take decades to fix if we were all on the same team. We are not all on the same team.

The problem is where to go? I'm thinking Canada looks nice from the outside.

Here in the US, I know of two people I went to school with soon to be leaving the country and a third already gone.

The future looks bleak here too. 😔 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â