The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 hours ago, bickster said:

I have no faith in "the system." We only live in a quasi-democracy at present. But the system as you call it is only as good as the people we allow to put themselves forward to represent both the people and the system. It is as broken as it is because the people allow it to be.

Having said that, I'd still rather this current system with all it's many flaws than a one party dictatorship. I want our system of democracy to be much changed but I wouldn't describe voting to be a futile exercise either because it clearly isn't

I used to believe that many years ago but the world taught me different. 🙄

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Fbb3hs3XEAExzLI.jpg

Nice bit of photoshopping but wasn't it Theresa May in 2019, who was persuaded by the Green lobby to commit the country to Net-Zero?

I have since learned that it was not Boris who chose to sanction Russia but that he was just following orders by his global masters.

As far as I know, no opposition party has expressed any objection to either policy but have demanded a greater commitment to both.

11 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I have since learned that it was not Boris who chose to sanction Russia but that he was just following orders by his global masters.

It's like you deliberately choose to misrepresent what people say. That isn't what was said at all

23 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Nice bit of photoshopping but wasn't it Theresa May in 2019, who was persuaded by the Green lobby to commit the country to Net-Zero?

As far as I know, no opposition party has expressed any objection to either policy but have demanded a greater commitment to both.

Is that a bad thing? Half the world is on fire, the other half underwater. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

She certainly legislated for it. Fortunately though for fans of democratic scrutiny of Government policy, her successor was given an enormous electoral mandate to continue with that policy by including a commitment to it in his 2019 manifesto. 

So the people of the UK have given their unequivocal backing to it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Are you linking net zero and sanctions on Russia to NHS collapse, excessive Covid deaths, homelessness, Downing Street parties, law breaking, business closures and so on?

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It's like you deliberately choose to misrepresent what people say. That isn't what was said at all

I thought you said it was Boris not who decided on the sanctions but the West.

I apologise you wrote something different.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Are you linking net zero and sanctions on Russia to NHS collapse, excessive Covid deaths, homelessness, Downing Street parties, law breaking, business closures and so on?

I think that comes under the heading of other crimes taken into consideration.

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Is that a bad thing? Half the world is on fire, the other half underwater. 

Heh - The full preamble to this is in the Global Warming thread.

There's some corking links.

In a nutshell, it boils down to who you believe?  :detect:

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I always love the use of the word belief when it's used to counter empirical data. 

Yeah, those debates always follow the same sequence.

1) Unsubstantiated theory

2) Present data why it’s not true

3) “I don’t believe that data”

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, those debates always follow the same sequence.

1) Unsubstantiated theory

2) Present data why it’s not true

3) “I don’t believe that data”

It can't be a theory is it's unsubstantiated. A theory is the pinnacle of science.

In this list, you mean "1) Wild assertion". 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â