The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Famously also a remainer and did a public speech on the subject.

and has the cheek to say others “flip flop” on their beliefs.

This is politics nowadays. Back what you think will win, not what you believe is right.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Famously also a remainer and did a public speech on the subject.

and has the cheek to say others “flip flop” on their beliefs.

This is politics nowadays. Back what you think will win, not what you believe is right.

Otherwise known as populism. The scourge of the modern age. 

• Like 4

Ah, there’s a tweet I’d like to link, but I can’t for reasons which will soon become clear.

For those interested, Rachel Wearmouth, deputy political editor for the new statesman has tweeted a word cloud that was put together by GB News.

The reason I can’t link it is because just slightly peripheral to the central associated words like “untrustworthy”, “liar”, “Thatcher”, “idiot” and “useless”…reasonably prominent are a couple of words that don’t make it past the swear filter on VT.

For balance I’d associate these words equally with her (potential) predecessor, her rival candidate and many of her colleagues.

32 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Ah, there’s a tweet I’d like to link, but I can’t for reasons which will soon become clear.

For those interested, Rachel Wearmouth, deputy political editor for the new statesman has tweeted a word cloud that was put together by GB News.

The reason I can’t link it is because just slightly peripheral to the central associated words like “untrustworthy”, “liar”, “Thatcher”, “idiot” and “useless”…reasonably prominent are a couple of words that don’t make it past the swear filter on VT.

For balance I’d associate these words equally with her (potential) predecessor, her rival candidate and many of her colleagues.

Just checked it out. Seems a good percentage of GB news viewers can't wait until Wednesday to see Truss given the amounts of 'C U Next Tuesday'

The current leader and the new leader summed up in a few words.

I can’t seem to share just this tweet without it pulling in the sweary word cloud, but it says 

Lots of replies to this which basically say 'well Truss is thick', 'she's an idiot' etc. Boris Johnson was never called thick. He got called 'eccentric', 'incompetent', 'liar' etc but not 'thick' or 'stupid'

Exciting times, the eccentric incompetent liar is being replaced by someone who is a thick idiot.

Link to the tweet

Wearmouth slaiming that there's a lot of misogyny in that word cloud is just incredibly disingenuous

People associate those words with her because of hern actions, wordsw and deeds, not because she's a woman.

The actual intersting fact that she tweeted though is that only 50% of the people that voted Tory in 2019 said they'd vote Tory with Truss at the helm

1 hour ago, bickster said:

and this one is even more damaging, remember, these are GBNews viewers

The way she (the ‘presenter’) refers to the two candidates, ‘Liz’ as though she’s everyone’s best mate and ‘Sunak’ as though he’s a piece of shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The way she (the ‘presenter’) refers to the two candidates, ‘Liz’ as though she’s everyone’s best mate and ‘Sunak’ as though he’s a piece of shit.

They do it all over the media with Johnson and Starmer. Johnson is referred to as Boris and Starmer is referred to as Sir Kier Starmer or at best Sir Kier. Obviously to suggest Johnson is like me or you, could be one of your mates etc and Starmer is part of the elite when the opposite is true and Johnson was born into privilege and Starmer came from a working class background with his mom being a nurse and dad a toolmaker. 

Anyone think there is a chance that when Truss is the diabolical disaster that she is nailed on to be that within a year the Tories end up whitewashing over the last 3 years and start pining for the good old days under Johnson (some have already started and he hasn't even gone yet) and he runs in yet another Tory leadership election?

Edited by markavfc40

It's over 10 years of Conservative rule. 

We aren't in the EU

We are in a proxy war with Russia

Inflation is double figures

The post office and the railways are on strike

Sewage being dumped in the sea

Power cuts are around the corner

NHS waiting lists are massive

Elderley with broken hips are waiting 14 hours for an ambulance

Deaths are well above normal levels

People can't afford basics like heat in winter and food

How could anyone vote Tory at the next election?  Even the old excuse of "It would be worse under Labour" has no credibility. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

We aren't in the EU

How could anyone vote Tory at the next election?  Even the old excuse of "It would be worse under Labour" has no credibility. 

And yet they’ll still win the next GE!

People are generally stupid or just do what the Daily Mail tells them to do.

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

And yet they’ll still win the next GE!

People are generally stupid or just do what the Daily Mail tells them to do.

As has been understood by Labour from at least the 1950s, Labour's best chances of winning an election are during economic crises, so with the economic consequences of the lockdowns emerging, and the misery barely beginning, there has never been a better time for Labour to prepare to win an election and form a government.

If they fail, it will be down to themselves entirely.

9 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

We aren't in the EU

Sounds like Labour in the 70’s bar the EU and less strikes. As then it is time for a change of Government, let’s hope the next PM is as strong as the one whom came to power then and dug us out of the hole described. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really don’t think they will. I think enough people are fully aware of who is to blame for a lot of our problems.

I agree, Dave.  I simply cannot see how (or why) the general public will want this party to remain in power. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â