The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

As was quickly discovered, the scheme created the very opposite of what was purported, with the majority of children going to Secondary Modern schools, being taught almost nothing, as they were prepared to fufil their role in the labouring classes.

You wanna be a van driver? 

Get your head out of the clouds dreamer. 

This school is not here to produce van drivers, this school is here to produce the people who carry the the things TO the vans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You wanna be a van driver? 

Get your head out of the clouds dreamer. 

This school is not here to produce van drivers, this school is here to produce the people who carry the the things TO the vans. 

Micky Flanagan, great joke. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Neither candidate is reading the room on Brexit.

At this point, they only need to read the room of their rabid base, and not the wider, voting public. Any promises made now will soon disappear come a GE if they're not vote winners.

• Like 2

Just now, markavfc40 said:

They are reading the Tory members room which is the only room they are concerned with at the moment. 

Shitter than it was before, but stubbornly refusing to admit it was a monumental mistake.

On 08/08/2022 at 20:46, StanBalaban said:

At this point, they only need to read the room of their rabid base, and not the wider, voting public. Any promises made now will soon disappear come a GE if they're not vote winners.

Half of them will have died probably before they realise the winner has done **** all with their promises. 

Edited by sidcow

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He's going to struggle to fill a cabinet. 

From wiki

Alcohol, sometimes referred to by the chemical name ethanol, is a psychoactive drug that is the active ingredient in drinks such as beer, wine, and distilled spirits (hard liquor).

19 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He's going to struggle to fill a cabinet.

Yeah ...  I was thinking of a drinks cabinet.

Somebody should start a rumour he's planning on a new prohibition.

Need somebody with a pair of bollocks to sort all this shit out. Unfortunately we won't get anybody like that this side of the decade

Says something when even Enoch Powell was a better politician than any of this shower. They barely meet the very low bar of being able to speak, let alone hold intelligent and compassionate positions.

No budding Disraelis, Gladstones or Macmillans, or any Healeys, Foots or Attlees waiting in the wings to replace them. Have our politicians ever been so painfully average or incapable?

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

It's pretty clear that, if one party proposed public ownership of utilities and the other didn't, the one that did would win the next general election.

Yet neither will. Both will pretend it's unworkable.

I'd say that's far from clear. One party did that at the most recent election and got a pummelling. 

There are going to be other factors that come into play. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I'd say that's far from clear. One party did that at the most recent election and got a pummelling. 

There are going to be other factors that come into play. 

I meant if one party should propose it now. All that was needed was for the matter of public utilities to, quite literally, hit home and begin to have emotional relevance to people's lives.

People hearing such a proposal now would doubtlessly take it more seriously than they did when it was all about 'getting Brexit done' or doing everything in one's power to avoid a Corbyn leadership.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

It's pretty clear that, if one party proposed public ownership of utilities and the other didn't, the one that did would win the next general election.

Yet neither will. Both will pretend it's unworkable.

In fairness, the country is flat broke after covid. I'm willing to change my mind in light of a good argument to the contrary, but I can't see how we could bring utilities under public ownership at the moment. I can't see how we as consumers would pay less, anyway, as the government would need to raise capital to compulsory purchase?  

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness, the country is flat broke after covid. I'm willing to change my mind in light of a good argument to the contrary, but I can't see how we could bring utilities under public ownership at the moment. I can't see how we as consumers would pay less, anyway, as the government would need to raise capital to compulsory purchase?  

The government is also getting a good slice of these multi-billion pound profits as it stands. 

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Bringing utilities under public ownership isn't going to solve this anyway. The utility companies would still have to source their fuel to generate their power on the oil and gas exchanges

It's the fuel extractors that are making all the money here

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â