The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

On 22/07/2022 at 21:29, markavfc40 said:

I'd normally reject any internet poll as a pointless waste of time, but if a few more names being added means this Telegraph story keeps running through the summer, I feel prepared to make an exception. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Latest opinion polls show a minor swing from Labour to LibDems. presumably a reaction to Starmer's latest pronouncements on Brexit

Not seen this - sure it's not just noise? I'd be amazed if more than a few % of voters have even noticed what Starmer has said on Brexit

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Not seen this - sure it's not just noise? I'd be amazed if more than a few % of voters have even noticed what Starmer has said on Brexit

It possibly is just noise, the movement isn't huge, all within the margins of error but on the other hand it was a feature of the last three polls conducted and all by different companies

Pollster Con Lab LD Grn RUK Con lead Fieldwork
Redfield &
Wilton
34%
(-1)
40%
(-4)
12%
(+3)
5%
(nc)
3%
(nc)
-6% 24/7
Deltapoll 31%
(-1)
42%
(-1)
10%
(+1)
6%
(nc)
3%
(+1)
-11% 21-23/7
Opinium 34%
(+1)
37%
(-1)
13%
(+1)
6%
(nc)
-3% 21-22/7

Mark Pack

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

It possibly is just noise, the movement isn't huge, all within the margins of error but on the other hand it was a feature of the last three polls conducted and all by different companies

Pollster Con Lab LD Grn RUK Con lead Fieldwork
Redfield &
Wilton
34%
(-1)
40%
(-4)
12%
(+3)
5%
(nc)
3%
(nc)
-6% 24/7
Deltapoll 31%
(-1)
42%
(-1)
10%
(+1)
6%
(nc)
3%
(+1)
-11% 21-23/7
Opinium 34%
(+1)
37%
(-1)
13%
(+1)
6%
(nc)
-3% 21-22/7

Mark Pack

+/- 1 is literally just rounding errors, let alone margin of error.

The Redfield & Wilton changes are in comparison with their last poll which showed an unusually high Lab (44%) and low LD (9%) so may just be mean reversion.

Whether it's real or not, definitely not significant enough to say Starmer is shedding votes to Lib Dems over Brexit (yet).

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

+/- 1 is literally just rounding errors, let alone margin of error.

The Redfield & Wilton changes are in comparison with their last poll which showed an unusually high Lab (44%) and low LD (9%) so may just be mean reversion.

Whether it's real or not, definitely not significant enough to say Starmer is shedding votes to Lib Dems over Brexit (yet).

Also, there's a big difference between voting intention on an issue like that switching two years out from an election, and how those people might actually vote in a general election. 

Similar to the Tories hemorrhaging "voting intention" to Farage in 2012 - 2014, but they all* came back when it mattered. 

*well, not all. But enough to render 2013 opinion polls irrelevant 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

They just mentioned this one the news, someone has been taken ill. I assume they collapsed in front of the podiums. 

The presenter Kate McCann fainted and collapsed

• Thanks 1

Read reports that McCann will be ok which is the important thing.

I can’t help but feel the fact Truss was caught on camera showing some genuine concern will not hurt her chances in the slightest. Sunak couldn’t be bothered to have his reaction recorded on film.

I am joking, of course.

Spoiler

Half joking.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Read reports that McCann will be ok which is the important thing.

I can’t help but feel the fact Truss was caught on camera showing some genuine concern will not hurt her chances in the slightest. Sunak couldn’t be bothered to have his reaction recorded on film.

I am joking, of course.

Hide contents

Half joking.

Truss’s face of horror* is going to be a meme for many years to come.

*Not her usual face, the one she pulled when the presenter fainted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd give Truss less than 18 months as PM. She has got minority support of the MP's and the counter Sunak campaign will start as soon as she wins the membership vote. 

If Labour can't take advantage of this then we are basically a one party state.

We wont be a one party state. They said this when labour lost the election under brown followed by milliband then corbyn.

Labour will win next election then within 12 years they will implode like the tories have. Then tories get back in for another 12 years or so. Rinse and repeat

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Truss’s face of horror* is going to be a meme for many years to come.

*Not her usual face, the one she pulled when the presenter fainted.

To be honest im not gonna mock her for showing genuine concern you cant act those things

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â