The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Reckon that's Sunak and Truss nailed on now. 

Considering Steven Swinford was of the opinion the “anyone but Liz” group was noticeably bigger than the “anyone but Penny” group, that’s a very good turnout for Truss.

She was in “survival mode” earlier today. 

10 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Considering Steven Swinford was of the opinion the “anyone but Liz” group was noticeably bigger than the “anyone but Penny” group, that’s a very good turnout for Truss.

She was in “survival mode” earlier today. 

Editor of the Times playing games just like the MPs

I concur with @ml1dch Truss vs Sunak is pretty much guaranteed

my 5/1 on Truss I got on Sunday afternoon is looking good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sunak is treading water, I expected to be miles ahead by now. Could he get eliminated if the Badenoch vote got spilt to Truss and Mordor?

It won't get split that way. Truss will get the vast bulk of Badenoch's votes

The way Tugendhats votes split was the crucial factor, I'm genuinely surprised that Truss got the largest number

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sunak is treading water, I expected to be miles ahead by now. Could he get eliminated if the Badenoch vote got spilt to Truss and Mordor?

He needs 120 votes. He's currently on 118, with 60 or so Babadook votes to divvy up.

He's fine.

• Like 1

We're gonna have Liz f'n Truss as PM. She'll start a trade war with the EU over the NI protocol. Massively ramp up the national debt by cutting taxes and just being a reprehensible human being.

The silver lining is it's an open goal for Labour and hopefully the Tories fracture over her leadership that we get an election soon

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Editor of the Times playing games just like the MPs

I concur with @ml1dch Truss vs Sunak is pretty much guaranteed

my 5/1 on Truss I got on Sunday afternoon is looking good

We finally agree that it’s get to get on Truss 👍

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We're gonna have Liz f'n Truss as PM. She'll start a trade war with the EU over the NI protocol. Massively ramp up the national debt by cutting taxes and just being a reprehensible human being.

The silver lining is it's an open goal for Labour and hopefully the Tories fracture over her leadership that we get an election soon

Truss who just came third? It’s Sunak. Always has been.

Not that it matters in the slightest, they’re all terrible

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Yes, she'll get all Kemi's backers. They won't switch to Penny. So that puts her head to head with the conservative members who will take her tax cutting and Brexit is never over, it's war with EU till we die approach over Rishi

This is why Truss is the new fav for PM

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

All that matters is getting to the Final 2, and then it's down to the members who will vote differently. Think Truss is clear favourite now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

All that matters is getting to the Final 2, and then it's down to the members who will vote differently. Think Truss is clear favourite now.

I reckon when Mordaunt goes tomorrow, she'll go in to something like 1/3

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

We’ll see, I can’t fathom that many believing she’ll be taken seriously by the public 

Nobody cares about the public, only the Tory membership. 

With Badenoch’s elimination I saw somewhere a reference to “Kingmaker Gove” (no, really).

IF he did have that power, would he sway some of Badenoch’s support towards, or away from, any candidate? Is there an particular one of the three he’d like to be sacked by in the near future?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â