The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Mordor is going to be PM isn't she

Or Truss.

I think it'll come down to Sunak vs Mordor or Sunak vs Truss.

I don't expect Sunak to win against either

If it was Mordor vs Truss, which is possible but not that likely I think Mordor will win that too

Not had a chance to look at the figures yet though

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

FXivkxyXgAADzVG?format=jpg&name=medium

I guess we've all been there where you really need a good scratch, but you'd think that at (possibly) your final PMQs as Prime Minister, you'd fight the urge.

Truss looks loke she's about to gag. Dorries has a kind of "go on, get right in there, what I wouldn't do to you" kinda look on her face.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I guess we've all been there where you really need a good scratch, but you'd think that at (possibly) your final PMQs as Prime Minister, you'd fight the urge.

GoNads appears to trying to have a good suruptitious sniff there and then fighting hard to control her urges

• Haha 1

Im glad its not hunt that guys a utter utter melt.  The way he ignored junior doctors with their new contracts when he was health minister. One doctor was trying to speak with and he just blanked him. A utterly detestable human being.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Johnson may have inadvertently let slip that the leader could be selected next week without it going to the members  and today being his last PMQ's. 

What did he say?

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

What did he say?

He just said that today might be his last PMQs, even though there's no reason (in terms of the parliamentary timetable) that he wouldn't be doing one next week.

But he's never really been a details man.

I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to weigh in on this, as it's not really my concern directly any more ... but oh gawd, it's so tempting. I don't think I'd vote Labour were I in the UK again (my last MP was actually Jeremy in Islington, and I supported him then -- not a fan now -- it's that dumb hat, I fear),  but from afar, were I Tory (and I don't know if I could stomach that, either, tbh), I'd probably hope for Sunak or Truss.  Sunak seems brilliant to me, and Truss, too, very intelligent and also humane but hawkish, too, which I like.  Badenoch and Braverman both seem ill-tempered and obsessed with stupid stuff. Not people I'd want in charge. Mordaunt doesn't really seem to have many ideas -- it's more about her being her.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Dorries looks like she's fighting the urge to lick her lips. 

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Everyone's entitled to a considered opinion but c'mon, she's thick as mince (apart from Maths)

I hope it's Truss too because she's a one woman festival of gaffes

Of course, there are different ways of being stupid, I suppose. To me, "gaffes" can often be more about arrogance and character than intelligence. I guess I like the way she seemed focused on the conservative themes of competitiveness and also respecting people's personal boundaries, unless I've got it wrong? But I've always had a sad weakness for people good at maths. Even my son is 10X better at trigonometry than I ever was -- or 10x squared? As I said, I'm probably unequal to the task on this topic when you add it all up ... 

Something I don't think I've really seen mentioned - if I were Sunak I wouldn't be counting my chickens.

Let's say the right and Johnson loyalists all pile in behind Truss (and when Braverman and Badenoch crash, their votes are going somewhere) - that's 130 or so votes.

The Hunt / Tugendhat one-nation types go Mordaunt over Sunak. That's 130 or so.

If a dozen career types who backed Sunak originally because they wanted to be on the ground floor with the winner, switch in a secret ballot because they see the wind blowing a different way...

I still think it will be Sunak + 1, but it's a route I've not seen anyone  suggesting as realistic, and I can't see why it isn't.

Someone tell me why it isn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I still think it will be Sunak + 1, but it's a route I've not seen anyone  suggesting as realistic, and I can't see why it isn't.

Someone tell me why it isn't.

I said above that its an outside chance of Truss vs Mordant. I do think its the least likely of the three major matchups but its certainly possible

And the more Sunak appears to tank with the grassroots, the stronger the chances of defections from the Sunak camp

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Sunak seems brilliant to me, and Truss, too, very intelligent and also humane but hawkish, too, which I like.

I'm speechless. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â