The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

If it was a Tory 'popular' vote, it might be a goer. But he clearly wouldn't get past the first round with MPs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If it was a Tory 'popular' vote, it might be a goer. But he clearly wouldn't get past the first round with MPs. 

I reckon he's going to try to present the parliamentary party as undermining "the will of the people" unless they give him a chance to be voted on by the members. Doubt it'll work, but it's going to be brilliant to watch

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Rules, schmules. 

We have learned he doesn't give a toss about the rules and change them when convenient. Fortunately, he has no say in the rules of the leadership contest, and the 1922 committee are certainly no allies he can count on changing or interpreting things in his favour.

Have to say of all the candidates, I'd be most worried about Sunak winning. Of the lot of them he's the most electable. We need Truss to win. Vile beast who is utterly clueless is exactly who we need as head of the Tory party. 

• Like 1

So Truss.... from tomorrows Mail on Sunday

LIZ Truss will stand for election as the next Tory leader on a ticket of reversing Rishi Sunak’s controversial health tax, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The Foreign Secretary is planning to launch her bid to succeed Boris Johnson this week by pledging that she is the only candidate who can emulate Mr Johnson’s election-winning skills by advocating ‘classic Conservative principles’.

Under her plan, corporation tax would also be cut and she would introduce a package of measures to ease the cost of living crisis, while the debt accrued during the Covid pandemic would be paid off in instalments over a decade. 

Mounting a scathing criticism of Mr Sunak today, one ally of Ms Truss said: ‘Britain does not currently have an economic policy.’   [...]

Plenty more where that came from. MoS

So I suppose the big question is, will Johnson endorse anyone? I think Truss appears, on first impressions of the article above, to be positioning herself as a potential continuity candidate and not even at the bitter end did she criticise Johnson. So is she Big Dog's Bitch and will that do her any good in terms of the election?

I do hope so

I get the feeling there aren't many tories on here - but who would you choose to be PM? Bit gutted Ben Wallace has withdrawn, obvs he was a wrong un, they all are - but seriously, who on earth is there in the running who will lead this country well? There's literally no talent in that party. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I get the feeling there aren't many tories on here - but who would you choose to be PM? Bit gutted Ben Wallace has withdrawn, obvs he was a wrong un, they all are - but seriously, who on earth is there in the running who will lead this country well? There's literally no talent in that party. 

Absolutely none of them, pick the best one for shits and giggles.

Wallace was clearly the most intelligent of the supposed frontrunners, which he proved by not standing

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I don't believe for a second that a Conservative party would cut corporation tax AND ease the cost of living. 

Makes you wonder why it needs to be a leadership pledge? If they CAN do it then they should be doing it anyway.

8 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Was listening to the radio earlier and a caller was saying his favourite would be Penny Mordaunt as she looks like a young Thatcher. What a party of weirdos 

Of all the candidates she is definitely the one I would court 

Although the problem with Tory women is that facially they look exactly like their wealthy fathers

Edited by Jareth

No one talking about Tom Tugendhat. 

I don't know much about him other than he was a remainer and his Afghanistan speech in Parliament.  I'm inclined to be keener on anyone who has a softer stance on Europe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Have to say of all the candidates, I'd be most worried about Sunak winning. Of the lot of them he's the most electable. We need Truss to win. Vile beast who is utterly clueless is exactly who we need as head of the Tory party. 

I’d rather the most competent person wins, because even with GoNads or Gove or Triss as leader, there’s a very good chance that Tories still win the general election in 2 years time, so a decent chance this leader will be PM for at least 6 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â