The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think he’ll be popular with a lot of the voters because of all the free money.

But won’t he still be tainted by his wife’s taxes and non-Dom status and their proclivity for California?

Personally I don’t think their next leader should be anyone from within Boris’s cabinet. 

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think he’ll be popular with a lot of the voters because of all the free money.

Lets hope its him then. They'll get a shock when they see what he's really like

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Peter Bone new deputy head of the House of Commons. 

he’s trolling right?

He was trolling at James Cleverley as Education Minister. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Thought this was just a jokey “wouldn’t it be funny if…” post.

Then I look on Twitter -

Oh Christ. Did I will this into existence?

Am liking the hashtag though. #GoNads

Edited by Anthony
  • Haha 1

Once again the UK gets to elect a prime minister - by asking what tory members want. I think it might be worth everyone in the UK signing up as a tory member, just so we have a say every 2 years. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Once again the UK gets to elect a prime minister - by asking what tory members want. I think it might be worth everyone in the UK signing up as a tory member, just so we have a say every 2 years. 

We don't elect Prime Ministers, we live in a Parliamentary Democracy. A Political Party changing it's leader mid-term is a perfectly normal thing in such a system

It is something the electorate need to take into account when they vote for their local candidate

It wouldn't change under PR either. You'd need to change to a Presidential model to do that. Just think about that. Johnson would have had an electoral mandate to stay on. His party couldn't have removed him

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It would appear Rishi Sunak’s readyforrishi domain name was set up in December last year.

*devil's advocate*

You would though, wouldn't you? You know you're going to run at some point. The pathetic loser who is in the job you want is clearly going to jump off a cliff at some point, it's just a case of when. 

Get the admin stuff out of the way nice and early.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

*devil's advocate*

You would though, wouldn't you? You know you're going to run at some point. The pathetic loser who is in the job you want is clearly going to jump off a cliff at some point, it's just a case of when. 

Get the admin stuff out of the way nice and early.

Also, if you remember he was apparently "persuaded" not to resign around that time

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â