The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Been out all day but heard the inevitable news and no surprise Johnson did it in a baffled, bitter manner. A terrible premiership, probably the worst since the war and I can't think of many worst before that but its too late in the evening to dwell into the history books.  A utter chancer in which all Tories knew his weakness but voted in him to deliver a hard brexit in which there is no evidence the majority of this country actually wanted.  A pathetic excuse of a human being who has further debased the standards of public life, decency and moral standards.  He had no overall philosophy other than just wanting to be liked and have a couple of decent quips on standbye. A serial lier who has finally be found out years too late. I hope he gets flushed down the toilet bowl of history and is to be seen as a reminder of what populism does to a country.

It is a shame that he did not carry on as it would have been brilliant for him to have got totally destroyed in another vote of no confidence. He will now do a Thatcher and claim that the suits got rid of him too early. I am sure the Tories will invent new rules so that the leadership will be done more quickly. Or that the overall winner of the MP votes will get the second place person to stand down to avoid the members vote. That is what Leadsom did so May got in earlier. Yet again we are asking a 100,000 totally unrepresentative electorate to vote for the next prime minster. I guess that is what taking back control was all about?!

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

That’s the first episode of Question Time I’ve watched in any part since before the Referendum.

It's still f***ing dreadful.

There was a comment on HS2 by the trustafarian banjo twanger. First of all he calls it HS1, Fiona Bruce corrected him and asked if he meant HS2 because she'd never heard of HS1. HS1 is the Eurostar line through the Channel Tunnel you dumb bastard. Then the banjo twanger goes on about getting to Manchester 15 minutes quicker and not one person picks up on this nonsense. Then a woman in the audience talks about not being able to get more local trains across the country and she doesn’t care about getting to London. Not one of them actually knows or realises that HS2 is all about capacity on the railway not speed, the speed is just the side effect of building new modern lines. The capacity the new lines will take off the old East and West Coast mainlines will enable more local trains and more freight to be carried on the network. It’s the solution to the sodding problem they are complaining about (and more.) 

Not one of the panel, not the Labour woman, not Campbell, not the Tory, nor even Tim Stanley all of whom should know managed to even challenge this speed nonsense. Complete bunch of morons. Anyone watching it with no knowledge still thinks it’s about getting somewhere a bit quicker and it won’t do anything for them.

If this bloke can explain it, why can't they. Listen to Gareth!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

That’s the first episode of Question Time I’ve watched in any part since before the Referendum.

There was a comment on HS2 by the trustafarian banjo twanger. First of all he calls it HS1, Fiona Bruce corrected him and asked if he meant HS2 because she'd never heard of HS1. HS1 is the Eurostar line through the Channel Tunnel you dumb bastard. Then the banjo twanger goes on about getting to Manchester 15 minutes quicker and not one person picks up on this nonsense. Then a woman in the audience talks about not being able to get more local trains across the country and she doesn’t care about getting to London. Not one of them actually knows or realises that HS2 is all about capacity on the railway not speed, the speed is just the side effect of building new modern lines. The capacity the new lines will take off the old East and West Coast mainlines will enable more local trains and more freight to be carried on the network. It’s the solution to the sodding problem they are complaining about (and more.) 

Not one of the panel, not the Labour woman, not Campbell, not the Tory, nor even Tim Stanley all of whom should know managed to even challenge this speed nonsense. Complete bunch of morons. Anyone watching it with no knowledge still thinks it’s about getting somewhere a bit quicker and it won’t do anything for them.

Sounds like you really enjoyed it

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Saw that video before, the Whitewick’s are great and it was an interesting video they did on this. 

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Whoever takes on the role, isn't going to be PM beyond the next election.  As a result, its going to be the worst option available. 

Seems all the 5 favourites are equally shit so at least we won't have to suffer them too long. 

Not that the opposition is any better. 

What a shit state of affairs this country is in. 

You've seen the level of corruptness within this government. What have the opposition done that puts them on the same level?

• Like 2

If, when the big shiny fast train to London is up and running, they expand local networks to a point where its noticeable in real life, not just a statistical thing, I’ll buy y’all a drink.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

You've seen the level of corruptness within this government. What have the opposition done that puts them on the same level?

You can add incompetency to that statement too. 

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Its really shite since dimbleby quit. Bruce is terrible

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People have been convinced by the media and by the Tories that the rest are worse. There will likely be the same push come the next election - I’m guessing they may still go down the Saville route for Starmer. Even Ed Milliband was called an antisemite, but I’m not sure they will run that again.

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Yeah, got me shouting at the telly that one.  As did the saddo going on about rescuing us from the clutches of the EU. I'd love someone to have asked him what he meant by that, exactly what he was so worried about. You know he'd start stammering and throw out the same old Brexiteer lies. 

At least the young lad admitted he'd made a mistake voting Brexit and acknowledged he'd been lied to. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xann said:

People are having difficulty digesting how gullible they've been.

The Tory woman who was on last night (WB) was a Brexiteer and was going on about looking forward to when they can reap the rewards of Brexit. **** me, how long do they need to find these rewards? 

I thought it was all "oven ready". 10 years from now they'll still be telling us the land of milk and honey is just around the corner. 

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Tory woman who was on last night (WB) was a Brexiteer and was going on about looking forward to when they can reap the rewards of Brexit. **** me, how long do they need to find these rewards? 

I thought it was all "oven ready". 10 years from now they'll still be telling us the land of milk and honey is just around the corner. 

It’s amazing isn’t it.

Which mechanism do they think is about to kick in to make things better? We’re living Brexit life now. This is it.

2% off fish fingers is the highlight of what the Brexit opportunities minister could muster up after years of canvassing. 

There’s literally dozens of downsides, some incredibly bad and on the upside, 2% off fish fingers. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Tory woman who was on last night (WB) was a Brexiteer and was going on about looking forward to when they can reap the rewards of Brexit. **** me, how long do they need to find these rewards

Rees-Mogg himself said the benefits won't be seen for 50 years and he's the minister for Brexit opportunities 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

What, do you mean the 350 million all over that bus was a lie?! Crikey..

Boris Johnson Brexit bus lie

Yea i’m afraid so.

Also, I hope you’re not planning on getting ill any time soon. The GP surgery won’t pick up the phone, the doctor won’t see you. An ambulance is gonna take several hours (if at all) and the A&E departments are rammed full. 

Already ill and waiting surgery? I hope it’s not something which will kill you in a year or 2 as that’s what you might be looking at. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Rees-Mogg himself said the benefits won't be seen for 50 years and he's the minister for Brexit opportunities 

Basically “don’t bother asking me for benefits as there are none in my lifetime”.

He should have been asked what changes in 50 years time.

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â