The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

it’s surprising how many of the Boris supporters say they voted for him.

Is it really? On paper we have a representative democracy with a PM chosen by MPs, but in practice, we've had a presidential-lite system for many years, that was essentially normalised as a way of legitimately deciding your vote when we began to schedule head to head leader debates before elections (not that this coward had the nerve to show up).

I suspect a substantial number of voters couldn't pick their MP out of a lineup

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is it really? On paper we have a representative democracy with a PM chosen by MPs, but in practice, we've had a presidential-lite system for many years, that was essentially normalised as a way of legitimately deciding your vote when we began to schedule head to head leader debates before elections (not that this coward had the nerve to show up).

I suspect a substantial number of voters couldn't pick their MP out of a lineup

Yeah, I probably should know better. It just surprised me how these people were angry that the party had pushed him out when they believed that because they voted for him they shouldn’t be allowed to.

Exactly the wrong way round.

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just watching 10 o’clock news, it’s surprising how many of the Boris supporters say they voted for him.

Amazing the number of people who go on about what a great bloke he seems and how he'd be great to go down the pub with.

But in reality if they didn't "know" him and they were down the pub and some posh Eton nob with the scruffy blonde hair was pissed up making a racket spouting crap and trying to be funny it would probably end in a punch up pdq. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Alastair Campbell handing out all the **** on Question Time tonight.

High risk getting him on. He's gonna be too sharp for any small c conservatives.

Christ, I just tuned in. Who's this stupid word removed with the hair?

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Chairman of the young conservatives - wants the next pm to cut taxes and increase defence spending to help Ukraine.

Round and round it goes !

I’ve always felt this should be considered an oxymoron. 

• Like 1

Whoever takes on the role, isn't going to be PM beyond the next election.  As a result, its going to be the worst option available. 

Seems all the 5 favourites are equally shit so at least we won't have to suffer them too long. 

Not that the opposition is any better. 

What a shit state of affairs this country is in. 

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Christ, I just tuned in. Who's this stupid word removed with the hair?

I didn’t know who the other gimp was with his hair tied up. He was in Mumford and Sons and then it all made sense, he’s the son of a Hedge Fund tycoon. Hardly your average musician, in fact he’s not even an average musician.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I didn’t know who the other gimp was with his hair tied up. He was in Mumford and Sons and then it all made sense, he’s the son of a Hedge Fund tycoon. Hardly your average musician, in fact he’s not even an average musician.

To even call him a musician is a bit much to be honest. 

If they are getting the likes of him, I would be intrigued to see them get someone like Barney from Napalm Death on the show.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â