The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Going to be Ben Wallace unless something very bad comes out in the leadership race. I've no idea what he's about myself. 

Remainer for starters

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Going to be Ben Wallace unless something very bad comes out in the leadership race. I've no idea what he's about myself. 

Thats probably why he’s favourite. Undamaged goods in the eyes of most of the general public. Quite rare in that party.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thats probably why he’s favourite. Undamaged goods in the eyes of most of the general public. Quite rare in that party.

Doesn't approve of gay marriage

That's half the male Tory MPs against him already ;)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Strange.  seems he was against Brexit and even voted against it in the Referendum.  You would think that would scupper him.

Maybe he will be a bit more flexible with the deal then.  Also worked for The Northern Ireland office so hopefully shows some understanding on that as well.

Then again there was a lot of sabre rattling from him on Ukraine.  Hopefully that was just sound bytes for the armed forces.  

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Doesn't approve of gay marriage

That's half the male Tory MPs against him already ;)

Is he ok with lesbian marriage then? It’s a question to ask in the debate.

Edited by Genie

Wallace (presumably with Gromit as a running mate) the current favourite among the raci^H^H^H membership, narrowly ahead of 'none of the above'. 

BBC

Screenshot_2022-07-07-16-40-00-60_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Shame it's over.  It's stopped me desperately refreshing the transfer thread for the last few days

Don't worry, it's not over.  We have until Sept for Boris to float the idea that maybe he won't step down as PM. The nutcase still thinks he as done nothing wrong and is just being done over unfairly.  I agree with Cummings, he is playing for time and will absolutely jump at any chance he can get to hang on.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Wallace (presumably with Gromit as a running mate) the current favourite among the raci^H^H^H membership, narrowly ahead of 'none of the above'. 

BBC

Screenshot_2022-07-07-16-40-00-60_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Conservative members opinions don't really count yet. As the present rules stand, they'll get a choice of two, though I heard on the radio tonight that some want it to be a choice of 3 or 4 to go to the members, which will neccesitate a rule change and even that rule change will cause some blood letting you'd imagine. How does four candidates to the membership work? Single Transferable Vote (or whatever the name for that when there's only one victor is which I forget) or straight highest vote count and that's it.

No mention of Sue Ellen in that list either and she's only one of two that's chucked their hat in so far.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

My understanding is that Nadine Dorries believes that 96% of Conservative MP's support her bid for the leadership.

Dorries and Raab, the continuity candidates

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Boris only got the job because Jeremy Corbin is even more unlikable as a human being. 

Not for me he isn't, not by a long way. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'd rather have the various body parts of William Wallace as PM.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 2

I look at Britain, and at first my reaction with something like Boris's resignation is, what's the matter with Britain? Why have they messed up their country so much? How could they be so stupid to put someone like that in charge?

And then I look at MY country -- my other country, to be accurate, and I'm just like ... giphy.gif

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â