The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

So its over 

Not quite Winston Churchill was he ? 

No, but he tried to be a bit Churchillian, I thought - just some underlying stuff, really. Decent enough as a leaving announcement, I thought (taking the content out of context of the actual nature of the bloke).

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I guess Carry doesn't live there anymore!

At least she can have a nice long Summer Holiday now.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

True. But we got closer to that than ever before.

Really?   

We had demonstrations.  We had discontent.   We weren't even close to a mob storming parliament.   

The UK has a wonderful system where the Armed Forces, Police, Judges and Civil Servants pledge allegiance to the Crown.   I honestly believe that in my lifetime we will never see anything even close to a Hitler being elected democratically and then dismantling democracy.  

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When the dust settles, I do wonder which of Cameron, May, and Johnson goes down as the worst PM in modern history (so far).

In my mind that easily goes to BoJo. By some distance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When the dust settles, I do wonder which of Cameron, May, and Johnson goes down as the worst PM in modern history (so far).

Still May - She was truly incompetent.

Boris was just as corrupt as hell.

16 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Regardless of your political view you have to acknowledge that we’ve never had a leader encouraging the population to storm parliament or taking steps to install them self as a dictator

His own party took him down. The Republicans didn't do that with Trump. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the coward the inept and the corrupt

take your pick

Not completely sure which one you are describing as which. Apart from struggling to describe May as "corrupt", I'd say they are all perfectly applicable to all three of them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Nah, it's neither.

And the reasons for both are the same - too wedded to (often unwritten) tradition. It's completely unfit for the modern world. It does have some strongpoints, but I think other nations who took our system and then evolved it have better systems than us.

We need to kick out some tradition.   The church should also be completely excluded from any connection to the state. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

which of Cameron, May, and Johnson goes down as the worst PM in modern history (so far).

Careless, clueless and reckless.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think best to worst is Cameron, May, Johnson. No question either tbh, by a mile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

His own party took him down. The Republicans didn't do that with Trump. 

Exactly.   Bozo was shown a line in the sand numerous times.   When he crossed it again and again he was brought down by the Government in a democratic way.  

6 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Really?   

We had demonstrations.  We had discontent.   We weren't even close to a mob storming parliament.   

The UK has a wonderful system where the Armed Forces, Police, Judges and Civil Servants pledge allegiance to the Crown.   I honestly believe that in my lifetime we will never see anything even close to a Hitler being elected democratically and then dismantling democracy.  

Come on - they are dismantling the BBC our independent state broadcaster.

He cocked a snoot at ministerial codes 

Seeking to block demonstrations 

Broke international law.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think best to worst is Cameron, May, Johnson. No question either tbh, by a mile. 

Cameron gets off too easy, for kicking off the last 7 years of a shitshow to settle a small backbench rebellion, then **** off into the sunset, whistling, for some other word removed to pick up the pieces. It was an absolute failure of leadership that initiated everything that came afterwards.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Not a single apology or mea culpa during his speech. He still can't see what he did wrong.

I genuinely hope more details about his conduct come out when he leaves, so he's disgraced so much we never hear from him again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

We need to kick out some tradition.   The church should also be completely excluded from any connection to the state. 

More than "some" IMO.

The system we have of strong tribal adversarialism is  disadvantageous. The FPTP voting system gives disproportionate power compared to "the will of the people". The Political party is given higher priority than the wellbeing of the nation. Patronage for donations, the second chamber stacked with cronies and massively too large...I could go on. 

• Like 4

Just now, hippo said:

Come on - they are dismantling the BBC our independent state broadcaster.

He cocked a snoot at ministerial codes 

Seeking to block demonstrations 

Broke international law.

I am not defending him or his policies.  

But you cannot argue that Bozo was brought down by his own party and the UK Government acting in a democratic way. 

If didn't necessitate him being poisoned or his family being threatened with death.    

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â