The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

They say every cloud has a silver lining.  

Our political system isn’t perfect. But it’s the best in the world.  Regardless of your political view you have to acknowledge that we’ve never had a leader encouraging the population to storm parliament or taking steps to install them self as a dictator.  The system is there to stop it.   

Bozo is the worst and most dishonest PM we’ve had in my lifetime.  But compared to the rest of the world he’s not even on the Top 20. 

What was the reference to "Darwinian System" all about.  Is that a dig at the suggestion the 1922 committee was going to change it's rules to oust him? 

Edited by sidcow

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Well...exactly. That's precisely why he's not going to get "kicked out" isn't it?

When i said kicked out i meant in terms of kicked out because he will lose his seat like balls did.

Hope that clears it up for you

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What was the referenced to "Darwinian System" all about.  Is that a dig at the suggestion the 1922 committee was going to change it's rules to oust him? 

He was trying to convey that the next PM will be “even better”.  The best survive.  The weak don’t. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

When i said kicked out i meant in terms of kicked out because he will lose his seat like balls did.

Hope that clears it up for you

I don’t think he’ll lose his seat, he’ll give it up.

• Like 1

Even though he has been a gernally awful PM and probably one of the most corrupt we gave had, it was probably one of the toughest PM jobs with brexit then covid. Ill give him that although brexit was mainly his fault as he campaigned for it so no sympathy for me on that one

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

They say every cloud has a silver lining.  

Our political system isn’t perfect. But it’s the best in the world.  Regardless of your political view you have to acknowledge that we’ve never had a leader encouraging the population to storm parliament or taking steps to install them self as a dictator.  The system is there to stop it.   

Bozo is the worst and most dishonest PM we’ve had in my lifetime.  But compared to the rest of the world he’s not even on the Top 20. 

True. But we got closer to that than ever before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yeah he probably will as i think even worse for his ego than be relegated ti back benches would him not winning his seat

1 minute ago, Genie said:

No chance, I wouldn't be surprised if the new leader gives him some kind of ministerial role.

The responsibility to be rid of him once and for all falls on the people of Uxbridge and South Ruislip in two years time.

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Our political system isn’t perfect. But it’s the best in the world

Nah, it's neither.

And the reasons for both are the same - too wedded to (often unwritten) tradition. It's completely unfit for the modern world. It does have some strongpoints, but I think other nations who took our system and then evolved it have better systems than us.

• Like 2

He won't lose his seat like Ed Balls did. Ed Balls stood for election, was beaten (by Andrea Jenkyns) and was removed from Parliament by the electorate. He was very much, kicked out.

Boris Johnson will resign his seat sometime between now and the Autumn, and a by-election will take place to elect his replacement. 

There is no similarity between the two situations. Nobody will be "kicking (Johnson) out" from his parliamentary seat.

• Like 1

He keeps banging on about his mandate (which isn't even his but is the party's)

He was elected on one issue - to get Brexit done.  Which he's done although Brexiteers will never agree he's done badly.

How many of those traditional Labour voters who voted Tory because of Brexit are now going to continue to vote Tory?  How many traditional Lib Dem voters will stay with them?  His enormous mandate is scotch mist and is now irrelevant.

Even though he has been a gernally awful PM and probably one of the most corrupt we gave had, it was probably one of the toughest PM jobs with brexit then covid. Ill give him that although brexit was mainly his fault as he campaigned for it so no sympathy for me on that one

Covid was difficult but he had an army of advisors who he often ignored. Also the rest of the world was also dealing with it too so he could look at what worked or didn’t work with them and make his decisions based on that. 

Brexit as you say, zero sympathy for the mess he made of that. He’s alright, his family are alright, his colleagues are alright, the other 99% of the population have to live with it.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont actually think it was.

The Vaccine roll out fell into his lap really - The COVID decisions basically starred him in the face  ,The war in Ukrainne probably saved his ass back in Feb/March 

All decisions where what to do was pretty obvious. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â