The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Now saying Tories will have a leader within 2 weeks ? - Yet Boris is staying on as PM until the autumn ? - what a fecking mess.

They’ve said down to two candidates within 2 weeks. They’ll then have a party members vote which will complete, probably in September.

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Now saying Tories will have a leader within 2 weeks ? - Yet Boris is staying on as PM until the autumn ? - what a fecking mess.

Impossible for it to be two weeks. They haven't opened nominations yet and that takes 3 or 4 days, then they have to whittle them down in elections. 1 election per day until they get to the final 2, the final 2 then go to the entire membership which took a whole month last time. The only way they get it done in 2 weeks is if like with May the second placed candidate is so far behind they pull out and it doesn't go to membership. I really can't see that happening here but maybe I'm wrong

35 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s important after the circus has gone that we get the next leader of the Conservative party and PM right. Need to make up for the lost years, get Brexit done properly and put water on the fires of recession ready for re-election

It's not hard to get it right from their perspective.  They will be evil (that's a given) but as long as they are competently evil then the media will back them to the hilt and they'll win the next GE.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Whenever there is a new leader Boris is gone. He will stay PM until they elect a new leader

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Why do I have a gut feeling this will not be as straight forward as the Tories/media think... 

I think we have a few twists along the road... 

Yep, this has been gold.  Needs to be renewed for Season 2.

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Why do I have a gut feeling this will not be as straight forward as the Tories/media think... 

I think we have a few twists along the road... 

It's going to be a bloodbath (hopefully)

If Sunak stands for example, how long before it's leaked that he didn't want to do furlough etc and that happened against his advice, same with all the tax cuts. The knives will be out for everyone who stands

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

What's the chances of him saying he's going to step down and then not actually doing it? Is that even possible?

Well people talked about the lengths Putin would go to to cling onto power.

A major development in Ukraine in the next few weeks could Boris claim extraordinary circumstances ?  - or even create such a crisis.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Probably based on the chance of a better relationship with the EU when the new person takes over.

You think? The Tory Party is now full of Brexiters

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â