The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Look at the opinion polls that have been done the last few days 83% said Johnson should go in one, Over half of Tory voters in another

The Tory party would not be tearing itself apart like this if vast swathes of their voters were in favour of what is going on, they aren't doing this out of principles

Just seen one of the electorate on ITV news:-

"The amount of tax you pay on fuel .....is obviously........a lot "

Just now, Tegis said:

Wow, this thread really took off. Have we signed anyone?

I think Bim Afolami is now out of contract and has been brought in to deputise for Matty Cash.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

One of my least visited threads put me over the top. THANKS BORIS!!!!!! \o/

oylQN0d.png

Don't be too nice to him, he'll make you a minister.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Resignations arent going to work.

Either the 1922 committee do something.

Or somebody has to say they want to be the next leader - and seek endorsements from Tory's - a sort of shadow cabinet in the government if you like.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Resignations arent going to work.

All the PPS's resigning isn't about getting tainted by association with Johnson because they are too low for that.

They are resigning so they can put letters in to the 1922 and vote in any new committee / rule changes

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I swear they're just making these names up now

I did originally type “Edward Argar” but I felt like that might open the door to a few Elgar gags being quoted back at me.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

All the PPS's resigning isn't about getting tainted by association with Johnson because they are too low for that.

They are resigning so they can put letters in to the 1922 and vote in any new committee / rule changes

I would argue that they don't care about that. He's going, and the under-secretary for paperclip procurement adding their name isn't going to be the thing that makes it happen.

It's because now that it's 100%, definitely happening and this particular governmentnow has days remaining, they want to be able to say on the doorstep in two years "I completely agree with you and that's why I resigned on principle".

Nothing more than that.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â