The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Nope, it's still one whip not two different whips

Now if they decide to go against the whip, then it really does get interesting because he can suspend MPs from the Party for defying the whip

Is there a mechanism for him to table an emergency vote on something ludicrous? If there is surely he just needs to whip them to vote for it and when they don't he could kick the lot out and take control of the party.

Be hilarious to see a one man party with access to all the bank accounts filled with dodgy Russian cash.

The press will be briefed by both sides at the moment, both will be giving the view that benefits them, so unless it’s from the horses mouth (as in from an MP or somebody involved) don’t believe it. 

(And even then - question it)

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Is there a mechanism for him to table an emergency vote on something ludicrous? If there is surely he just needs to whip them to vote for it and when they don't he could kick the lot out and take control of the party.

Be hilarious to see a one man party with access to all the bank accounts filled with dodgy Russian cash.

He has to be careful so as not to lose the Tory majority :D

But its definitely an interesting ploy

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

The more I hear of Chris Bryant, the more I like him. Future leader?

He'd never manage with that picture of him in tightey whities out there. No doubt there would be a very nasty media campaign with thinly veiled homophobia and outdated insinuations or perversion.

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

In theory he can do that anyway can't he ?  - he can hire and fire ? 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He'd never manage with that picture of him in tightey whities out there. No doubt there would be a very nasty media campaign with thinly veiled homophobia and outdated insinuations or perversion.

Yep that will happen for sure 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

He has to be careful so as not to lose the Tory majority :D

But its definitely an interesting ploy

I know it would be a desperate **** you from a man who knew his political career was over, but I wouldn't completely rule out a scorched earth policy.

For those who have ever wondered what it would have been like if Screaming Lord Sutch and the Official Monster Raving Loony Party had ever won an election.  Now you know. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think he can without certain criteria being met, although I'm certainly no expert. Even the most awful offenders are only suspended while investigations are ongoing, whereas defiant voters have been binned pretty sharpish.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think he can without certain criteria being met, although I'm certainly no expert. Even the most awful offenders are only suspended while investigations are ongoing, whereas defiant voters have been binned pretty sharpish.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Wonder if he would leave office willingly in the event of a narrow GE defeat.

It's got Trump all over it.

I don’t think he’d leave office if it was on fire, hold on, I have an ide…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â