The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

How much waterboarding can this man take before he signs the resignation letter that's been drafted for him. 

He’s been through many a golden shower, this is easy for him.

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Payroll don't attend I don't think, it's for non-Government MPs.

150 is pretty much capacity. Or it was, until the 40 odd people who've resigned can now be added to it.

Ministers can attend (not vote)

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. They could change the rules right now. It doesn’t need a new committee. At least according to all the politicos, that’s the case. Looks like they’ve left it til next week, so they don’t get their hands dirty and he can “resign”, rather than be booted out via them.

Its the committee itself not all the backbench MPs that can change the rules. Thats why they need to change the committee itself first

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can we replace him with a parrot that says "Get things done, get things done" tries to f*** a lampshade and shits all over the office?

So we gain a nice plumage and otherwise nothing changes?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its the committee itself not all the backbench MPs that can change the rules. Thats why they need to change the committee itself first

Pete's right. It's an organisation that makes its own rules. If the current committee decided they wanted to change the rule right now, there isn't anything that stops that.

They're just giving it a sheen of probity, and with an election happening anyway they might as well stick a "mandate to change the rules" cherry on top.

Put it this way, if the 1922 committee election were nine months away, they wouldn't be throwing their hands in the air and saying there was nothing they could do for nine months. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. They could change the rules right now. It doesn’t need a new committee. At least according to all the politicos, that’s the case. Looks like they’ve left it til next week, so they don’t get their hands dirty and he can “resign”, rather than be booted out via them.

Yeah, that's how I see it. 

I don't think they would really want to change the rules so another VONC can be held at the drop of a hat. It's not a great thing to have, I think they want Bozza to do the the right thing so they don't have to.  Their tack will be "we will do this on Monday so you're gone then if you don't resign by then"

I think the 12 month gap is also silly though, as we've seen here very major things can happen shortly or even months after a defended VONC which materially changes things.  Maybe another could be called but with a bigger majority threshold needed. 

What do other parties do? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

BBC in thick as F shocker

They have to change the committee, in order to change the rules in order to get a new VONC

That's not what was being reported this morning. If the no confidence letters reach over 50% of MPS there was speculation the 1922 committee could call another VONC or even ask Boris to resign.

If Boris doesn't abide by the rules why should the 1922 committee promoting someone with sexual misconduct allegations is serious enough to warrant extraordinary measures. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â