The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is excellent

I hope it destroys them for a generation

It won't. He needs to survive for that to happen. If (when) he goes they get to hit the Tory reset button and everything is suddenly "a bigger boy did it and ran away".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It won't. He needs to survive for that to happen. If (when) he goes they get to hit the Tory reset button and everything is suddenly "a bigger boy did it and ran away".

I really don’t see a Labour SNP coalition anyway

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, if Johnson refuses to go, can we expect Zahawi to resign? 

Very weird decision by him, he's just given the next leader every reason to throw him to the backbenchs. Even for politics, it's an incredible to turn so quickly after basically extorting a promotion.

• Like 1

Just now, mrchnry said:

Apparently only 1 MP backed Boris during the 1922 committee, out of 150. 

That doesn't sound right, is that in terms of letters? If so, an absence of a letter is almost still a show of support

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That doesn't sound right, is that in terms of letters? If so, an absence of a letter is almost still a show of support

Just vocal support according to what I just read. News coming so thick and fast its hard to keep up. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Less than half of Tory MPs in attendance then

Payroll don't attend I don't think, it's for non-Government MPs.

150 is pretty much capacity. Or it was, until the 40 odd people who've resigned can now be added to it.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Payroll don't attend I don't think, it's for non-Government MPs.

150 is pretty much capacity. Or it was, until the 40 odd people who've resigned can now be added to it.

Yes but whole party votes on VONC

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

BBC in thick as F shocker

They have to change the committee, in order to change the rules in order to get a new VONC

No. They could change the rules right now. It doesn’t need a new committee. At least according to all the politicos, that’s the case. Looks like they’ve left it til next week, so they don’t get their hands dirty and he can “resign”, rather than be booted out via them.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but whole party votes on VONC

Obviously, but "in attendance" at 1922, it wasn't less than half. It was pretty much all of the people who you'd expect to be there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â