The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers has decided not to change the rules to allow a second confidence vote against Boris Johnson, the BBC has been told.

It will instead hold an election on Monday to choose its new executive.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I reckon Johnson will ride this out. No resignation, no change in 1922 committee rules. He is going to cling on. 

I would bet a huge amount of money that he will be gone by next Friday at the latest. 

To do it in proper Trump meltdown style, I hope that somebody is calling a press conference at a garden centre in Chingford at the moment where Nadine Dorries is going to shout about stolen votes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wish we'd had this level of live coverage when Thatcher was brought down. 

I remember it well. I was sitting at my desk at work in Leicester. I had Radio 4 playing in one ear on my very hi-tech Walkman / LW radio with very posh in ear headphones. 

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I reckon Johnson will ride this out. No resignation, no change in 1922 committee rules. He is going to cling on. 

Yep.

I think he is playing the sympathy card.

The Tories though have to sort this one way or the other.

It going to be a whole new cabinet if he stays.

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

The 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers has decided not to change the rules to allow a second confidence vote against Boris Johnson, the BBC has been told.

It will instead hold an election on Monday to choose its new executive.

BBC in thick as F shocker

They have to change the committee, in order to change the rules in order to get a new VONC

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

he's so unbelievably damaged at this point, if he carries on it'll be with less authority than even a minority govt

Nope, it's still one whip not two different whips

Now if they decide to go against the whip, then it really does get interesting because he can suspend MPs from the Party for defying the whip

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Nope, it's still one whip not two different whips

Now if they decide to go against the whip, then it really does get interesting because he can suspend MPs from the Party for defying the whip

Less authority in terms of absolute authority, not whip authority. Numbers well against him now.

But like clockwork

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

Why is the guy in the committee so afraid of a GE happening over a Tory leadership vote?

He doesn't want Bozo to call an election before the 1922 committee can change the rules to kick him out. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â