The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The game is set up to help the Tories and the country likes to oblige. Johnson will get shoved aside when the party realises he's more toxic than useful, and they'll go into an election renewed with all the shit of the last decade+ wiped clean, and the country will give them another win.

At best it'll be a hung parliament, whereby the Lib Dems, who will pick up a few seats from the Tories where their base decided to slap them on the wrist, will jump in bed with the Tories again to enable them for as long as they are allowed to sniff the farts of power.

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The game is set up to help the Tories and the country likes to oblige. Johnson will get shoved aside when the party realises he's more toxic than useful, and they'll go into an election renewed with all the shit of the last decade+ wiped clean, and the country will give them another win.

At best it'll be a hung parliament, whereby the Lib Dems, who will pick up a few seats from the Tories where their base decided to slap them on the wrist, will jump in bed with the Tories again to enable them for as long as they are allowed to sniff the farts of power.

The problem is, people vote for the personality. Try see the leaders debate on TV and vote based on that - they go for the one they like the best, and not the one that has the record to back it up. 

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

At best it'll be a hung parliament, whereby the Lib Dems, ... will jump in bed with the Tories again to enable them for as long as they are allowed to sniff the farts of power.

Zero chance IMO. Once bitten twice shy. I doubt they'd do it with Labour, either. The LDs will never* team up formally or informally with the Tories again.

*never say never, but....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Zero chance IMO. Once bitten twice shy. I doubt they'd do it with Labour, either. The LDs will never* team up formally or informally with the Tories again.

*never say never, but....

They will get in bed with the Tories again. They're closer to the Tories than Labour (although the gap is miniscule these days), and the Tories will inevitably get a huge amount of seats from little England and the rural constituencies to be in the position to broker a deal. 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They will get in bed with the Tories again. They're closer to the Tories than Labour (although the gap is miniscule these days), and the Tories will inevitably get a huge amount of seats from little England and the rural constituencies to be in the position to broker a deal. 

It's the right thing to say when the majority of the votes you want to take are from people who voted for the Tories. 

• Like 2

Lib Dem are “Rejoin” aren’t they? That’s a massive difference of opinion for both sides to get aligned with.

If they are not careful they might end up with some sensible relationship with the worlds biggest trading block. 

Edited by Genie

I would be amazed if the Lib Dems got back into bed with the Tories given what happened last time. In 2015 after 5 years in coalition they were almost wiped out losing 49 seats out of 57. By the next election it will have taken them the best past of a decade to rebuild. They aren't going to undo all that hard work by again being used to prop up the Tories. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think if they keep Boris until the next GE then they could lose.

Unfortunately I think if they replace him, which they will, then everyone will forget all the shit the tories have done and/or pin it all on Boris and they'll win the next GE at a canter

Me too sadly. 

*Trigger warning

So Private Eye are reporting that in 2018, Sir Gavin Williamson walked in on Boris (whose wife had cancer) getting a blow job off Carrie on the Foreign Office sofa*, hence all the furore over that Times FO Carrie story which got removed, and hence Williamson's baffling knighthood.

Edited by juanpabloangel18

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Nicely on top of her brief.

It’s a shame we can’t see the reaction of the audience.

Whenever I see people like her, Truss, Raab etc I always assume they arrived in a car 5 minutes beforehand where they asked what they needed to do and just thought they could wing it.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Nicely on top of her brief.

Thing is, it's pretty likely that she went to the trouble of researching enough to be able to refer to Wilkinson's drop goal. I don't follow rugby of any flavour, and I know that there was a goal scored by him in a world cup final a number of years back but I'd have never been able to specify which year. So in this case, not only has she researched something to say, she's researched entirely the wrong sport.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

They've spent the last decade with the consequences of the last coalition with the Tories, another would probably finish them off as a political entity of any significance. Even the LbDems aren't THAT stupid

If Labour are prepared to offer up Electoral Reform, the LibDems will be there in a heartbeat. The Tories, will not give them that.

EDIT: Davey has to keep his powder dry on that though, he can't say right now that he wouldn't because he needs disaffected Tory voters to vote LibDem, if they think that means voting Labour they may just vote Tory again.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Lib Dem are “Rejoin” aren’t they? That’s a massive difference of opinion for both sides to get aligned with.

If they are not careful they might end up with some sensible relationship with the worlds biggest trading block. 

I don't know if that will get near any manifesto though. Most people want Brexit to be a thing of the past now.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

They've spent the last decade with the consequences of the last coalition with the Tories, another would probably finish them off as a political entity of any significance. Even the LbDems aren't THAT stupid

If Labour are prepared to offer up Electoral Reform, the LibDems will be there in a heartbeat. The Tories, will not give them that.

Could a majority government change the election system away from first past the post? That would start off a cycle of the Tories changing it back the moment they were in power. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I don't know if that will get near any manifesto though. Most people want Brexit to be a thing of the past now.

I know what you mean, but Lib Dem have been saying for some time they support rejoining the EU. That’s the extreme opposite end of where the Tories are currently at.

Would they just completely abandon it and go along with a party digging deeper and deeper into a rift with the EU?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â