The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Even before the embarrassing video that makes it look like he hasn't even been exercising, who is the idealised, focus-group-perfect version of "Prime Minister has a jog" even aimed at? 

Apparently jog on came up as a key phrase that resonated with the people

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Must be a bit of a conundrum for the Murdoch press at the moment.  Should they throw their support behind a man who could quite possibly lead the party to defeat at the next election.

I guess if you've hollowed your party out and the only people left are a bunch of sex offenders and half-wits, then someone capable of putting on a tie successfully has a chance of rising to the top

Not sure which of his many fake names he'd stand under though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Erm...erm...erm... Deflect!

I mean this is an intriguing reply from her really.

It's the case (rightly or wrongly) that successive UK Gov'ts have made the judgement that, in their view, the national benefits of trading with KSA outweigh the negative aspects of their state.

But they won't say just that, not even to fellow parliamentarians. And because they don't make the case for their decisions, it gets constantly undermined.

For example, a more honest response might be that "yes, there are aspects of Saudi society and conduct and rulership with which the UK completely and fundamentally rejects. Their values are not the same as ours. However we have made the judgement that the benefits to the UK of being able to buy Saudi energy, and to trade with them and to benefit from their intelligence services information, while at the same time encouraging and urging them to modernise their culture to more democratic, less oppressive ways is something that we should do to the betterment of the UK and its people."

There are plenty who would reach a different judgement, but at least that, in essence is the truth of it, whereas, as you say, "but the Russians" is just deflection, and failing to take responsibility for very significant choices that decades worth of Government have all made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

But they won't say just that, not even to fellow parliamentarians. And because they don't make the case for their decisions, it gets constantly undermined.

For example, a more honest response might be that "yes, there are aspects of Saudi society and conduct and rulership with which the UK completely and fundamentally rejects. Their values are not the same as ours. However we have made the judgement that the benefits to the UK of being able to buy Saudi energy, and to trade with them and to benefit from their intelligence services information, while at the same time encouraging and urging them to modernise their culture to more democratic, less oppressive ways is something that we should do to the betterment of the UK and its people."

I think this would be a brave response that at least opens some discussion and earns a bit of respect.

Instead, she pauses, smirks, and lies. She's absolutely **** detestable. The look on her face at about 52 seconds "ha, he's bringing that murdered **** journalist up again. What a funny game of cat and mouse we're playing"

One on my personal "pop the champagne when they die" list. It's getting quite uneconomical though.

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Erm...erm...erm... Deflect!

I’d like to withdraw my Liz Truss fantasy.

I’ve been under a great deal of pressure and made a decision that was morally wrong.

I’ve decided to move onto Stella Creasy.

Yours

G. Taylor. 

13 hours ago, blandy said:

Yo've written around 90 words there. Do you honestly think that she is capable of producing a coherent answer like this? She strikes me as one of the dimmest people there is in public life.

• Like 1

Whilei find the idea l of the police having more power over protests troubling in principle, in this isolated incident I'm glad they've got the tools to make this stop brexit dickhead finally shut the **** up

• Sad 1

First they came for Bray's Boombox and I said nothing as I saw him as a self publicising bellend.

Then they came for @bicksters bag pipe player, and I said nothing as I did not live near the bag pipe player. 

Then they came for @rjw63former neighbors and I said nothing as I found it moderately funny and he had moved, so there was that. 

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â