The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m gonna predict there would be nothing to stop us changing this if we had remained in the EU.

But even if there was, who. gives. a. shit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m gonna predict there would be nothing to stop us changing this if we had remained in the EU.

They must be displayed at least once every 25 metres, we choose to put them every 25 meters, but can also display the distance in any measure we like, and we've chosen yards. It's a silly inconsistency of entirely our own making. Nothing at all to stop us displaying them every 25 yards (22ish metres) and displaying the distance in yards for more pleasing, round numbers.

So not only is it a stupid benefit, as you say, it's not even true. 7 years, and this is what they've got.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I for one am glad to have committed economic suicide so we can get rid of funny numbers in tunnels

What a 🔔end that man is. Leaving aside the tunnel example. The product is normally safe and works because it has been manufactured to meet that regulation that he is talking about. I really hope he puts his phone on charge with his charger not made to meet these regulations and it burns his house down.

19 minutes ago, Straggler said:

The Conservatives that I know are still saying that Labour would have been worse/they are all the same anyway. They can't justify it in any logical way, they just trot it out like it's the truth. I tend to stop talking about it at that point as I don't want to fall out with them.

Exactly where my dad is. There is nothing he could see that would make him think labour. He’s a walking sound bit machine now. 

Farage was on celebrating the 6 years since Brexit. Rolled off a load of things we have done wrong and therefore are bad about current brexit. He still thinks it was a good idea based on what has happened not even on any future pros they may imagine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

What a 🔔end that man is. Leaving aside the tunnel example. The product is normally safe and works because it has been manufactured to meet that regulation that he is talking about. I really hope he puts his phone on charge with his charger not made to meet these regulations and it burns his house down.

One of the most important things about the 2024 election is that it becomes the one where people are asking "were you still up for Rees-Mogg?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its more MPs than voted for him to be leader of the party in the first place

That's irrelevant.  

The vote for party leader is based on who you would prefer. All (or almost all)  of the Tory MPs would have said that they had confidence in any of the candidates.  But they could only vote for the one who they had the most confidence in. 

A vote of no confidence is entirely different.  It's a stark choice.  You have confidence or you don't. 

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That's irrelevant.  

The vote for party leader is based on who you would prefer. All (or almost all)  of the Tory MPs would have said that they had confidence in any of the candidates.  But they could only vote for the one who they had the most confidence in. 

A vote of no confidence is entirely different.  It's a stark choice.  You have confidence or you don't. 

Think of it as a poll to decide the greatatest ever Villa players.  Just because I vote for Ian Ormondroyd doesn't mean that I don't support Barry Bannan.  

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That's irrelevant.  

Yes, I know (I was as was pointed out, revisiting a previous conversation partly in jest) but 59/41 is not a narrow victory, nor do I want it to be considered so because the more the Tory Party own Johnson, the better. Saying it's a narrow victory sort of says, well half the party are alright and they aren't, they are all words removed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes, I know (I was as was pointed out, revisiting a previous conversation partly in jest) but 59/41 is not a narrow victory, nor do I want it to be considered so because the more the Tory Party own Johnson, the better. Saying it's a narrow victory sort of says, well half the party are alright and they aren't, they are all words removed

I am at work.

I haven't got time to be looking at your previous posts looking for indications that you are jesting.  

If I did that I wouldn't have time to stare out of the window and drink another cup of tea before finishing at 1.00. 

I'd have to stay until at least 1.15. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

Exactly where my dad is. There is nothing he could see that would make him think labour. He’s a walking sound bit machine now. 

Farage was on celebrating the 6 years since Brexit. Rolled off a load of things we have done wrong and therefore are bad about current brexit. He still thinks it was a good idea based on what has happened not even on any future pros they may imagine. 

My Dad's last line of defence for Brexit now is "Germany and France were taking the piss out of us" 🤪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nadine Dorries truly believing there have been 11 world wars.

There's a case for at least 4. Seven Years War and Napoleonic have a claim. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nadine Dorries truly believing there have been 11 world wars.

I’d step away from this one, as Secretary of State for Culture Wars she’s going to know what she’s talking about.

They wouldn’t just employ an idiot.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The question is whether higher paid employees should have smaller wage increases, so the lower-paid can get more?

He wants the government to do it.

I can remember Edward Heath trying this but the unions wouldn't wear it.

One of the recurring questions in modern UK political history, is whether, if the unions had accepted Barbara Castle's In Place of Strife proposals, would the Thatcher government have been avoided?

He's right about the redundancy policy, it definitely does not rule out complulsory redundancies.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â