The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

If ever a country was geared up to be able to put up with 2 working days of train strikes a week, it's us, now in this historical moment

No more can't get in today. Just a case of working from home for an awful lot of people

This government have spend months telling us to get back to work, in an office which clearly wasn't happening on the scale they hoped, now there's going to be a couple of days of strikes, it's going to cost us £11bn a day, will it shite. The vast majority of office workers who can't get in will have the ability to work from home

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The people manning the trains are not 'the small people' too?

On the other hand, bollocks to them. The union, not the individuals.

TRANSPORT UNION RMT today set out six key reasons why it will be advising members to vote to the leave the EU in the forthcoming referendum:

1.    Leave the EU to end attacks on rail workers....

Good plan there guys. You f****** simpletons.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

The people manning the trains are not 'the small people' too?

They have had more pay increases than teachers and nhs staff. They get screwed far more over than them.So yeah they are not small people.

And what about the other small businesses that this is going to effect? They are the ones i have most sympathy for 

Also what about all the nhs staff that need the tube/train to get to work? Oh i guess we will have to cancel ops again. Brilliant 👏 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

A similar thing went round the 800 P&O staff that were sacked off. They were told to vote leave for a better future.

It's the Rail, Maritime, and Transport Union.

It's not a similar thing, it's the same thing from the same union.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have had more pay increases than teachers and nhs staff. They get screwed far more over than them.So yeah they are not small people.

And what about the other small businesses that this is going to effect? They are the ones i have most sympathy for

The pay strikes are related to the defunding of other staff and general lowering of safety standards due to less checks and security, my understanding was that the pay rise was related to it now being a more dangerous with more working hours job? 

Can’t deny the impact on others but does this not demonstrate their critical role? 

• Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

It's the Rail, Maritime, and Transport Union.

It's not a similar thing, it's the same thing from the same union.

Yeah, I just realised :D 

The poster I saw was specifically aimed at the maritime staff which made me momentarily think it was a different union but yes, you’re right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Maybe those people should get organised then instead of just moaning and accepting their lot.

It's fairly backwards to moan about how hard you and others have it, while holding a grudge against people fighting their corner.

Organised? Like its so simple. What about those that have no way of getting to work e.g no car dont live near their line of work.

Your only saying this as it doesnt effect you in any capacity. I bet if your urgent operation you been waiting for months was cancelled your consultant or nursing staff cant get into work you wouldnt be saying 'they should be moaning"

But yeah you keep defending them

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The pay strikes are related to the defunding of other staff and general lowering of safety standards due to less checks and security, my understanding was that the pay rise was related to it now being a more dangerous with more working hours job? 

Can’t deny the impact on others but does this not demonstrate their critical role? 

My argument is any more critical that a consultant, teacher or nurse (who the latter is paid significantly less)

Not saying their role isnt critical but the extreme strikes they are doing on this scale is absolutely ridiculous. Its going go cause chaos.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

consultant, teacher or nurse

Those very people, and more, will soon be driven into staging their own strikes. These rail worker strikes are just the tip of a very big iceberg.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not saying their role isnt critical but the extreme strikes they are doing on this scale is absolutely ridiculous. Its going go cause chaos.

That’s the idea. “Look how critical I am”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Those very people, and more, will soon be driven into staging their own strikes. These rail worker strikes are just the tip of a very big iceberg.

Everyone is going to have their hands out for pay rises that are inline with the raging inflation.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Would you support 3 days of strikes for nhs staff?

Then another 3 days of  strikes for teachers, ?

I think striking needs to be done in  a way that isnt as extreme as this. This is just going to cause carnage and it seems like they are not getting what they want anyway

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think striking needs to be done in  a way that isnt as extreme as this. This is just going to cause carnage and it seems like they are not getting what they want anyway

Your logic is backwards on this.

If the entire NHS went on strike for 3 days, it would be infinitely better than the workers doing nothing, not getting pay increases and half the workforce deciding to jack it in and work in HMV or McDonald's for more money.

They are striking so they get paid fairly, nothing less.  If a sector becomes underpaid in relation to other sectors, striking is inevitable.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Organised? Like its so simple. What about those that have no way of getting to work e.g no car dont live near their line of work.

Your only saying this as it doesnt effect you in any capacity. I bet if your urgent operation you been waiting for months was cancelled your consultant or nursing staff cant get into work you wouldnt be saying 'they should be moaning"

But yeah you keep defending them

How do you propose they fight for pay rises, if strike action is taken off the table? You realise the strikes are in reaction to chronic mismanagement and underinvestment by the government? They’re not just doing it for fun. They know it makes many people resent them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Striking is always a last resort and something workers are driven to. I'd say given what we have seen over the last 12 years with real terms wage cuts on top of real terms wage cuts the tipping point has well and truly now been reached.

Any striker will have my 100% support even if it means me and mine being inconvenienced. This race to the bottom has to stop. 

• Like 3

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Your logic is backwards on this.

If the entire NHS went on strike for 3 days, it would be infinitely better than the workers doing nothing, not getting pay increases and half the workforce deciding to jack it in and work in HMV or McDonald's for more money.

They are striking so they get paid fairly, nothing less.  If a sector becomes underpaid in relation to other sectors, striking is inevitable.  

It isnt backwards at all its just differs from your opinion. 

So it would be better for the patients then? As all the ops would get cancelled, potentially deaths in a and e? I dont support this at all.

They are striking aggressively too aggressively in my opinion. I havent said not to strike but do it in a way where its not going to cause absolute carnage like this will 

• Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â