The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, Genie said:

BoE increase base rate to 1.25%.

Bad news for those on variable deals, to go with all the other bad news.

Nowhere near the end of the rises either. I have seen many predicting 2.25% by end of the year. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

No where near the end of the rises either. I have seen many predicting 2.25% by end of the year. 

Yes, it makes sense. The inflation needs drastic action to bring it under control. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

BoE increase base rate to 1.25%.

Bad news for those on variable deals, to go with all the other bad news.

My mortgage over here already almost doubled, petrol is nearly double the price too. Me and my mrs are comfortable in terms of salary and we’re really feeling the squeeze. No idea how most of the country is managing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My mortgage over here already almost doubled, petrol is nearly double the price too. Me and my mrs are comfortable in terms of salary and we’re really feeling the squeeze. No idea how most of the country is managing. 

We are doing ok but wife has taken up the option of an extra day just to help a bit (nice option to have!).

She currently does 3 days a week but will do 4 from August.

I generally pay all the main bills but then she’s gets stuff like shopping.

Luckily the mortgage has 3.5 more years to run at 1.39%. I have a feeling I won’t get near that rate when I come to renew!

Latest yougov

First up, let’s talk about voting…🗳

How likely, if at all, are you to vote Conservative in the next general election? 🤔

Not likely at all
📊 Live results from the Daily Chat community
  • Very likely

14%
  • Somewhat likely

6%
  • Not very likely

4%
  • Not likely at all

74%
  • Not sure

1%

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Latest yougov

How likely, if at all, are you to vote Conservative in the next general election? 🤔

Not likely at all
  • Very likely

14%
  • Somewhat likely

6%
  • Not very likely

4%
  • Not likely at all

74%
  • Not sure

1%

How do you predict the Conservatives will fare in the next general election? 💭

They will not be reelected 
📊 Live results
  • They will be reelected with a majority of seats

9%
  • They will be reelected with the most seats but not a majority

33%
  • They will not be reelected 

49%
  • Not sure

9%

Do the Conservatives do a good job or a bad job at representing people like you?

Bad
Live results…
  • Good 

12%
  • Bad

82%
  • N/A - I don't think it's important

3%
  • Not sure

2%

So 12% of people think the Government do a good job of representing then, but 14% will definitely be voting for them at the next GE.

Other interesting stats.

Cameron and May tied as best PM’s during the last 12 year (27% each). Boris 13%.

69% say the Conservatives have become more right wing over the last 12 years.

88% say conservatives are more divided since 12 years ago.

These final questions were very funny

Of the following Conservative Ministers, who would you say is the most competent?Interesting! Here’s what others said…👇
  • Not sure 

58%
  • Rishi Sunak

10%
  • Sajid Javid

7%
  • Michael Gove

6%
  • Lizz Truss

5%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

4%
  • Dominic Raab

3%
  • Kwasi Karteng

3%
  • Priti Patel

2%
  • Nadine Dorries

1%
  • Thérèse Coffey

0%
These results are live, unweighted and not representative of the population.
And who is the leastcompetent?
  • Nadine Dorries

32%
  • Priti Patel

17%
  • Not sure 

16%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

11%
  • Rishi Sunak

6%
  • Lizz Truss

5%
  • Dominic Raab

4%
  • Michael Gove

3%
  • Thérèse Coffey

3%
  • Sajid Javid

2%
  • Kwasi Karteng

0%
These results are live, unweighted and not representative of the population.

And if Boris Johnson were to no longer be the leader of the Conservatives, who should be?

Not sure 
Interesting! Here’s what others said…👇
  • Not sure 

42%
  • Jeremy Hunt

17%
  • Tom Tugendhat

11%
  • Ben Wallace

8%
  • Rishi Sunak

5%
  • Lizz Truss

4%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

4%
  • Sajid Javid

3%
  • Dominic Raab

3%
  • Penny Mordaunt

3%
  • Priti Patel

0%
  • Nadine Dorries

0%
  • Michael Gove

0%
  • Kwasi Karteng

0%
  • Thérèse Coffey

0%

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

There are no rules anymore. 

In a weird way I agree with him.

i've said for a while that it's clear Boris doesn't listen to anyone. So what's the point of having an adviser as I imagine he ignores them anyway.

He'd be better off spending the salary on a corruption adviser. Or a "how to line your mates' pockets" adviser

• Like 1

This is honestly impressive. When anyone else is implicated, they resign and their resignation is accepted. When it's the Big Dog himself, he just needs to get on with the job.  He's got a teflon, wipe-clean anti-shit coating. Or maybe there's just so much shit, the shit can't stick to the other shit, and the pan is lost forever in an irremovable thick crust of shit. I forgot where I was going with this metaphor. Anyway

https://leftfootforward.org/2022/06/everyone-who-has-resigned-since-partygate-instead-of-boris-johnson/

Allegra Stratton

In December last year, ITV News published a video of a practice press conference in Downing Street that took place in December 2020. The footage showed the then Downing Street Press Secretary Allegra Stratton making jokes about a Christmas party that took place in Number 10, while the country was still in lockdown.

This video was the catalyst that led to months of investigation from both the Metropolitan Police and the civil servant Sue Gray. It ultimately also led to Stratton’s resignation as spokesperson for the COP26 climate summit.

Shaun Bailey

Shaun Bailey was the Conservative Party candidate in the 2021 London Mayoral election. At the end of last year, photos emerged of Bailey attending a Christmas party in Conservative Party headquarters with his campaign staff, again in December 2020.

In light of the scandal, Bailey would end up resigning as chair of two London Assembly committees.

Angela Richardson

The first frontbench resignation came from Angela Richardson. Richardson served as parliamentary private secretary to Michael Gove.

Richardson resigned on 31 January 2022, expressing “deep disappointment” at Johnson’s handling of the partygate scandal, and said his excuses would “ring hollow” with nurses who worked through the Covid-19 pandemic. Her resignation came after the update Sue Gray released on her investigation into the parties.

Munira Mirza

Munira Mirza was one of Boris Johnson’s longest serving aides. She worked for Johnson for eight years when he was Mayor of London, and re-joined his team when he entered Number 10.

Mirza resigned on 3 February 2022. She quit following false allegations Johnson made against Keir Starmer. Johnson had claimed Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville when he was director of public prosecutions. Johnson made the allegations during a House of Commons debate on partygate and the Sue Gray investigation.

Jack Doyle

Mere hours after Mirza’s resignation, Jack Doyle also left his post in Downing Street. Doyle was director of communications at Number 10.

Doyle was reported to have told staff it was always his intention to step down after holding the post for two years. But according to reports, Doyle had previously offered Johnson his resignation over the Downing Street parties, which the prime minister initially refused. At the time of his resignation, Doyle had been facing repeated allegations that he was among the staff who had attended parties in Downing Street.

Dan Rosenfield and Martin Reynolds

Two other senior advisers resigned on 3 February – Dan Rosenfield and Martin Reynolds. Rosenfield was chief of staff for the prime minister and Reynolds was the prime minister’s principal private secretary.

Elena Narozanski

The final resignation in February’s mass exodus was Elena Narozanski – a special advisor to Boris Johnson on women and equalities. She handed in her notice on 4 February – just a day after four other Downing Street aides stepped down.

Lord Wolfson

On 12 April 2022, Boris Johnson received a fixed term penalty notice for his attendance at one of the Downing Street parties. Following the fine, junior justice minister Lord Wolfson resigned from his post.

Wolfson’s resignation letter said that he concluded “there was repeated rule-breaking, and breaches of the criminal law, in Downing Street”, and that “it would be inconsistent with the rule of law for that conduct to pass with constitutional impunity”.

Paul Holmes

Sue Gray’s full report was published on 25 May 2022. Two days later, Paul Holmes resigned from his position as a parliamentary private secretary at the Home Office.

Holmes said that the partygate scandal had caused a “deep mistrust in both the government and the Conservative Party”, and said there was a “toxic culture” at Number 10.

John Penrose

A week later, the fallout of the Sue Gray report was still being felt. On 5 June 2022, John Penrose resigned as the prime minister’s anti-corruption champion.

Penrose’s resignation letter claimed, “the only fair conclusion to draw from the Sue Gray Report is that you have breached a fundamental principle of the Ministerial code – a clear resigning matter”.

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:
Craftywank makes a good point 

Well he does but I rather think that he's referring to a 2019 ballot box and the rest of us are referring to one in the future

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Makes you think

CCHQ probably had a look at the first draft of this speech and said "no, absolutely not, you can't bring up Hitler and Austrians".

"I hear you, say no more".

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m not sure how anyone could have thought interest rates at 1% was a sustainable long term plan. These rate rises should have come 12 months ago. 

It was 0.1% in December 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â