The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s a bumbling fool. He wouldn’t last 5 minutes in the real world in a real job.

Brexit will go down in history as one of the biggest acts of self harm on a country ever. 

He’s also about to personally blow an enormous majority.

Sorry - I realise you may not like him (Neither do  I )  - But I don't think he is a fool - BREXIT has been and will continue to be great for the Tories - I wouldn't be overly optimistic about a non Tory government taking power any time soon.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Mrs Rishi Sunak also “followed the rules” but still decided to should pay a few extra million in tax, very generous of her. 

I wonder if Javid will also want to take similar steps to avoid people crawling all over his finances?

The family paid a few million in tax in order to salvage a £125k per year job. 

Hmmm...

Methinks the position of Chancellor opens opportunities to be remunerated above his government salary.

Mad Nad is stupid enough to admit the donors would cut them off if Boris is removed.

But obviously, they all serve the best interest of the public.

words removed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

He didn’t do the vaccine rollout. The NHS did, which is why it went really well.

He'd have got the blame if it was a disaster on his watch, so getting a bit of the credit for it going well is only fair 

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think it's fair to say he'd have got the blame if it was a disaster on his watch, so getting a bit of the credit for it going well is only fair 

I have no issue with them saying that vaccine rollout was a success of government. It's the bit they tack on at the end, where they say that none of that would have been possible if we were still part of the EU that grits my shit. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

BREXIT has been and will continue to be great for the Tories

Its an albatross around their neck. The Tories are genuinely still beating themselves up over it.

The likes of JRM and Mad Nad were literally accusing Tory rebels of being remainers only the other day.

Hell even one of the architects of Brexit, Daniel Hannan seems to be having an epiphany and thinks we should join EFTA

The polls on Brexit also appear to be diverging (though they aren't done that often any more but the last one had a 48/40 split in favour of rejoining)

On the other side, the only people that currently talk about Labour and Brexit, are the Tory Party. It's defining them and they will be sunk by it.

• Like 2

I feel that those that actually won the gold plated bath of shit that is Brexit, go on about it more that those that voted against it. This is anecdotal so don't anybody come at me asking for sources. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He'd have got the blame if it was a disaster on his watch, so getting a bit of the credit for it going well is only fair 

They bollocksed it right up.

My other half's boss was part of the senior NHS team that cleared up their mess, and the filth are trying to take the credit for it.

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

...I don't think he is a fool - BREXIT has been and will continue to be great for the Tories - I wouldn't be overly optimistic about a non Tory government taking power any time soon.

There's nothing more dangerous than a clever fool.

45 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Granted it is unlikely a posh clearing in the woods would even consider such ideas. 

Clem Attlee, Tony Benn and several others say 'hi'. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

He didn’t do the vaccine rollout. The NHS did, which is why it went really well.

Made the decision to roll them out though while the EU were delaying which is the point 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Made the decision to roll them out though while the EU were delaying which is the point 

We probably caused some of the EU delays because we were in competition with the suppliers for doses and got some orders in quicker.

If we’d have joined the EU scheme it might have been as quick as what what we did in the UK.

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yep that is true. I dont like giving johnson any credit but he did make the decison to start the roll out early. Other countries were dithering while we went ahead with it. Nhs staff of course get credit for it too for how it was implemented. 

Just now, Genie said:

We probably caused some of the EU delays because we were in competition with the suppliers for doses and got some orders in quicker.

If we’d have joined the EU scheme it might have been as quick as what what we did in the UK.

Yeah which was johnsons decision. Your points correct of course but that decision was made by government.

If it went tits up johnson would have been destroyed so its on right to give him minimal credit for that

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the roll out went so well because the uk had suffered such an appalling death toll from COVID - People were frightened and desperate to get the jab. In countries who had managed the early stages of the pandemic better - people had less concerns.

IIRC other countries have since overtaken the UK in % of population vaccinated.

22 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

22 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s missing the capital letter from blockbuster and he really means that under his watch the NHS will be as good as Blockbuster was (outdated and unviable) in comparison to the modern and successful Netflix. 

The tweet is actually really misleading, and your take on "blockbuster" is exactly what he was saying rather than just being ridiculously unfortunate wording

https://www.cityam.com/healthcare-jaws-drop-as-sajid-javid-calls-nhs-a-defunct-blockbuster-video-rental-store-in-the-age-of-netflix/

But the Prime Minister’s official spokesman said there was no new money to cover the reforms, beyond what had already been set out by Chancellor Rishi Sunak.

He told reporters: “The Health and Social Care Secretary updated Cabinet on the scale of the challenge post-pandemic, saying we had the Blockbuster healthcare system in the age of Netflix. He said it was no longer simply an option to stick to the status quo.

Asked what was meant by the Blockbuster and Netflix analogy, the PM’s spokesman said the Health Secretary was making the point that some of the “structures and systems” within the healthcare system were “designed for a different age”.

Javid is of the view that there needs to be “big and bold changes to the NHS and care system so the public can get the level of service they expect”, he said.

But asked if there would be any new funds to cover the cost, the spokesman said: “There is no further investment beyond obviously … the funding envelope already set out by the Chancellor.”

Really poor "journalism" from the author of that tweet, tbh. 

What we should actually take from it though, is that the government are admitting that after 12 years in power, they've let the NHS get to the point where they consider it antiquated and unfit for purpose in the modern age

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Johnson stuffed taxpayers' cash into every private pocket he could find, or just magically appeared.

This scattershot approach worked with Astra Zeneca and Pfizer.

What about the rest? It's the likes of Dido's track and trace, Ayanda Capital, Deloitte (their first point of call that completely fumbled the ball, forcing them to turn to the NHS), Matt Hancock's pub landlord, fraudulent business payouts and whole heap of VIP lane companies.

There's a bit of a thing here. It's this:

AZ and Pfizer are/were established companies with expertise in the domain (vaccine development). It was right for Governments to act with those companies, whether in the UK, EU or USA etc. to expedite vaccine development -  That was undoubtedly a good thing to do and not remotely scattershot, IMO.

However the other stuff, by and large - track and trace, PPE, glass vials and so on - there you're spot on, because to a large extent the UK government money went to start-ups, non-established companies in the particular area, friends and family, and all kinds of proper dodgy  intermediaries and enterprises.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â