The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was at Uni with Vic Derbyshire, she used to be quite a good friend of mine. She's been an excellent journalist at the BBC for years.

I suspect whe isn't well liked by the plants upstairs

She's done a good job today for sure. You can see there are times where she's having to provide "balance" through gritted teeth but she's always been one of the best at holding people to account. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was at Uni with Vic Derbyshire, she used to be quite a good friend of mine. She's been an excellent journalist at the BBC for years.

I suspect whe isn't well liked by the plants upstairs

Warning, contains a swear.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

She's done a good job today for sure. You can see there are times where she's having to provide "balance" through gritted teeth but she's always been one of the best at holding people to account. 

Watched a bit of her earlier and she was very very hard on both sides to be fair to her

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Here it is for anyone that's forgotten. Arrogant prick

He is an also ran at best Dem. He is as serious a contender as Dwight Yorke. 

• Haha 2

It's worth pointing out that very few Tory MPs wanted him as leader in the first place - he was widely disliked within the parliamentary party. It was the throbbers out in the local grassroots associations that loved him and voted him in. Of course, the MPs then promptly fell over themselves to pledge allegiance, but now the wind has shifted. Let's see what happens. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

It's worth pointing out that very few Tory MPs wanted him as leader in the first place - he was widely disliked within the parliamentary party. It was the throbbers out in the local grassroots associations that loved him and voted him in. Of course, the MPs then promptly fell over themselves to pledge allegiance, but now the wind has shifted. Let's see what happens. 

Eh? He was by far the most popular candidate in each round of MP voting

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Eh? He was by far the most popular candidate in each round of MP voting

Yep, they did a very good job of hiding their dislike. 

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

Yep, they did a very good job of hiding their dislike. 

They saw the polls from the membership and saw which way the wind was blowing. Off the record, it was widely reported that he was unpopular with MPs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Boris Johnson won 51.1% of the MPs votes in the fifth round of voting

That is as slim as victory as possible

It really isn't. Jeremy Hunt was runner up and therefore his opponent in the member ballot with 24.6%. He got more the other two combined in the final round of MP voting. 

Edited by ml1dch

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

No it isn't. The fifth round of voting is between three candidates with the last placed person dropping out, so theoretically a vote share of 35% could see somebody through in first place for the members vote.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

What a disingenuous way of representing it. It was between 3 candidates, he beat both of the other 2 candidates combined, there's nothing slim about that victory. In fact, in every single round of voting, no three other candidates combined had more votes than him.

Edited by Davkaus

I never said he wasn't widely backed, I said he was not liked in Parliament. They voted for the bloke who was clearly the favourite with their core electorate. 

Just now, ml1dch said:

It really isn't. Jeremy Hunt was runner up and therefore his opponent in the member ballot with 24.6%. He got more the other two combined in the final round of MP voting. 

No, it is

Teresa May won on the second round with over 60%, she was over 50% on the first ballot, Johnson was 36% in the first round

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â