The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

30 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Didn't David Davis stand in about 400 Tory leadership elections?

Two, 2001 and 2005.

It's pretty common - Liam Fox, Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom, Michael Howard all tried twice.

Ken Clarke is the only one to have tried thrice as far as I remember. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

One of the very few tolerable Tories. 

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Two, 2001 and 2005.

It's pretty common - Liam Fox, Michael Gove, Andrea Leadsom, Michael Howard all tried twice.

I stand corrected!

What's the best outcome here? Because Boris losing the vote can't be it? The Tories will get someone new in and everyone will forget anything bad and blame it on Boris.

A very narrow Boris victory so he takes them into the next election? Is that all we can hope for?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Useful tracker here if anyone is interested in following the numbers.

Jenkyns?

Hahahahaha

He truly has lost the loonies

32 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Two, 2001 and 2005.

Good knowledge!

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Jenkyns?

Hahahahaha

He truly has lost the loonies

Those are the numbers supporting him publicly. 

He's currently on 56 of the 180 he needs.

Edited by ml1dch

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Those are the numbers supporting him publicly. 

He's currently on 56 of the 180 he needs.

That makes 1000% more sense, cheers

36 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Two, 2001 and 2005.

Rab Butler tried twice in 57 and 63 when the leadership system was far more informal but got shafted twice was he was not the right sort of chap.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Rab Butler tried twice in 57 and 63 when the leadership system was far more informal but got shafted twice was he was not the right sort of chap.

I actually remember the 63 one. My Tory-voting mum was a Butler supporter. 

PM's anti-corruption champion, Tory MP John Penrose, has resigned citing that it's clear old bunter has broken the ministerial code. Further endorsement of the PM's character....

How can anyone continue to back him?

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the best outcome here? Because Boris losing the vote can't be it? The Tories will get someone new in and everyone will forget anything bad and blame it on Boris.

A very narrow Boris victory so he takes them into the next election? Is that all we can hope for?

What you want is Boris having about 2/3rds of the votes, a narrow victory really does harm him a bit too much

I don't know about you but I absolutely want the Tories to own Johnson by the time of the next election, I want them all to realise, he's their f*** up and they own that error

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine the damage Johnson could inflict on the country if he wins the vote and has a free pass for the next 12 months.

I’m willing to burn the whole house down for two years of it gets rid if them once and for all.  
If Johnson must go then I’d like it to be Gove.  There’s no way that weasel could resonate with even the most ardent of Tory boot lickers in the electorate.

Edited by Wainy316

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â