The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whilst I agree, I’m terrified that if he actually left number 10 (kicking and screaming) that his replacement would be even worse.

I think my bigger fear is that his replacement would be slightly more competent and they'd walk the next election again

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think my bigger fear is that his replacement would be slightly more competent and they'd walk the next election again

This is the circle of Tory.

They win.

The new leader is dreadful.

Leadership election.

Everything being awful is blamed on previous leader being awful and new leader walks it.

Repeat ad nauseum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

No,

I am sure they arent just waiting for me to spill the beans, there are plenty of other disaffected people in the uK 

But you were directly asked.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I won’t ever vote labour and I have my reasons but I won’t expand on those reasons even on an anonymous web forum. 

Or I really cannot be arsed to get into the pros & cons of my current political viewpoint and expanding on why I wouldn't vote Labour would almost certainly end up that way.

Currently the Tories are a complete mess, out of touch with the majority, led by a charlatan and questions need to be asked about the contracts that have been handed out in the last two years to friends and supporters of this government.

I am not sure currently that any party represent my values so wont bother voting.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I get the view point of "I won't vote for party x under any circumstances" because I feel that way about a lot of parties - Tories, UKIP, BNP etc. What I do feel is that if you don't vote or spoil your ballot you lose the right to complain about anything they do for the next 5 years. It's really sad that in a world of rigged elections and autocracy that someone wouldn't vote in the free and fair election even if our system has some pretty gaping flaws.

If you feel no one is representing you then you have 2 choices, vote for the closest available to your views or stand yourself as an independent.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I get the view point of "I won't vote for party x under any circumstances" because I feel that way about a lot of parties - Tories, UKIP, BNP etc. What I do feel is that if you don't vote or spoil your ballot you lose the right to complain about anything they do for the next 5 years. It's really sad that in a world of rigged elections and autocracy that someone wouldn't vote in the free and fair election even if our system has some pretty gaping flaws.

If you feel no one is representing you then you have 2 choices, vote for the closest available to your views or stand yourself as an independent.

Not quite.

You can’t just decide to stand yourself as an independent. You need 10 sponsors and a £500 deposit.

Also, whilst there is no ‘none of the above’ on the ballot, I can understand some people not wanting any of the candidates. 

Put none of the above as the bottom tick box, then push a campaign to get everyone to vote. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not quite.

You can’t just decide to stand yourself as an independent. You need 10 sponsors and a £500 deposit.

Also, whilst there is no ‘none of the above’ on the ballot, I can understand some people not wanting any of the candidates. 

Put none of the above as the bottom tick box, then push a campaign to get everyone to vote. 

10 sponsors and 500 quid is infinite doable for the common man and woman though. It’s deliberately a very low barrier to enter for the reasons outlined earlier.

I’m not a fan of the “none of the above” option. Not sure what it achieves. Are we saying we want constituencies to continually vote again until we finally get a result or vacant seats?

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

10 sponsors and 500 quid is infinite doable for the common man and woman though.

All the people using foodbanks would scoff at your suggestion

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

I’m not a fan of the “none of the above” option. Not sure what it achieves.

It achieves the ability to have a new election with brand new candidates if none of the above is the top choice

• Like 1

Tomorrow’s vote will be interesting but i suspect the Tory Whip will be out in force to ensure their MPs do the ‘right thing’ by Boris and not the nation.

I will be particularly monitoring how my local Tory MP will be voting as yet another reason to try and convince other constituents not to vote for him next time.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

10 sponsors and 500 quid is infinite doable for the common man and woman though. It’s deliberately a very low barrier to enter for the reasons outlined earlier.

I’m not a fan of the “none of the above” option. Not sure what it achieves. Are we saying we want constituencies to continually vote again until we finally get a result or vacant seats?

Infinitely doable? Not sure I’d agree with that. Accessible for the majority, yes.

On the none of the above, are you suggesting that if that option was offered it could be the winning choice, so therefore we shouldn’t allow it? Not sure the fear of it winning is a good reason not to have it. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

Tomorrow’s vote will be interesting but i suspect the Tory Whip will be out in force to ensure their MPs do the ‘right thing’ by Boris and not the nation.

I will be particularly monitoring how my local Tory MP will be voting as yet another reason to try and convince other constituents not to vote for him next time.  

My MP will be voting in favour of Johnson. I’ve told my MP his endorsing a compulsive liar is not a good look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is the circle of Tory.

They win.

The new leader is dreadful.

Leadership election.

Everything being awful is blamed on previous leader being awful and new leader walks it.

Repeat ad nauseum. 

If you think about it, its a bloody good strategy! 

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My MP will be voting in favour of Johnson. I’ve told my MP his endorsing a compulsive liar is not a good look.

I will certainly be doing the same once he inevitably follows suit. 

• Like 1

Clever move this by Bryant as removes one of the excuses (that of the chair of the committee being biased) Tories can give for voting against an inquiry into whether Johnson mislead parliament. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Mine has already publicly backed Boris. This is setup to give them all enough rope to hang themselves. 
90% of them will back him. Then opposition note down all the names. Then more and more fines and misdemeanours come to light and they all look stupid. 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2022 at 16:05, ml1dch said:

If Theresa May is roasting you because your policy means you are being too much of a dick to foreigners, you know that you really have gone all-in

I think it's quite important to note that her criticism is very much not because 'you are being too much of a dick to foreigners', which is neither legality, practicality nor efficacy. 

Before people get too happy about Theresa May, for no good reason. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â