The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Classic Tory’s, fingers caught in the till again. It’s alright, we’ll be honest starting from now.

I'm waiting for them to insist that there's absolutely no indication that anything improper has occurred, and she's just a generous person.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm waiting for them to insist that there's absolutely no indication that anything improper has occurred, and she's just a generous person.

“No rules were broken” will be getting used a lot over the next few days I suspect.

What a world they live in, to be completely innocent of any kind of wrong doing, but still voluntarily agreeing to pay an extra £2m a year in tax… I think they want the digging to stop.

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

A hospital trust in Yorkshire, which covers six hospitals, has said that patients should only attend their local A&E in “genuine life-threatening situations". This is due to 12 hour waiting times. Suggests you maybe have to think twice if you say break your legs or arms about whether you really should be rocking up to A&E. 

The Tories work is nearly done here isn't it. 12 years setting the NHS up to fail and pushing it to the point that our attachment and love for it is broken.

I'm not saying the Tories aren't accountable. But the management in the NHS  from directors of trusts down to the line managers are totally inept. It's a mess. I have always said managed correctly they could save billions, they don't even need 20% of the management staff. There's managers for managers, every time you see someone interviewed on the TV for the NHS, it's a director or manager of something random. Roles are truly made up for people.

You could save billions on contracts too, I think there have been 248 businesses (don't quote the figure) set up (excluding for covid) in the last five years serving the NHS, 160 of them are now multi million pound companies.

It's not all about the funding, any other company would have gone bust, due to being poorly run.

So what our Ukrainian refugee support system seems to do is put vulnerable women in direct contact with unvetted private individuals. And it's supposed to be a surprise that it's being exploited by sexual predators. Shame on us.

As an aside, I'm almost certain we'll see an expose of the Ukranian refugees that have been victims of modern slavery in the UK before too long. It's almost like you need government oversight on this sort of thing and not to just rely on The Big Society to treat vulnerable people with decency and respect.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/single-british-men-offer-beds-to-female-refugees-d369hl6r7

Ukrainian refugees using Facebook groups to seek a safe home in the UK are being put at risk of sexual exploitation, a Times investigation reveals.

Within minutes of posting a message on the largest Facebook group for UK hosts, an undercover Times reporter posing as Natalya, 22, from Kyiv was bombarded with inappropriate and sexually suggestive messages from men seeking relationships.

Some men lied about having several bedrooms in their one-bed homes while another proposed sharing a bed, writing: “I have a large bed. We could sleep together.” Another sent a voice note that said: “I am ready to help you and maybe you can help me also.”

Natalya posted that she was searching for a safe home and sponsorship on several Facebook groups, including UK Accommodation for Ukrainian refugees, which has 50,000 members.

Three minutes later, a man whose profile photograph is a tattooed torso, messaged to say: “Are you single?”

The 47-year-old repeatedly proposes a relationship, saying “I [will] marry with you”, and adding that, as Natalya’s “sponsor”, he would take to the sofa in his one-bed flat, while she slept in his bedroom. “I sleep on sofa,” he wrote. “Don’t worry. I am not [a] sex maniac. I am not that kind of m[a]n.”

In total, 41 of the 75 private messages sent to Natalya over two days were from single men who lived alone.

Under the government Homes for Ukraine scheme, British hosts must link up with Ukrainian refugees themselves, leaving tens of thousands of people to resort to unregulated Facebook groups to connect.

A government-backed matching service run by the Reset charity offers to match UK hosts with refugees but has been operating for only a week. Those who want to move to the UK must have a sponsor before applying for a visa.

A 43-year-old chef in London messaged the undercover reporter to say he could offer a “small space” close to central London and suggested he might be able to help with a waitressing job.

He sent pictures of the home showing his studio flat but not the proposed bedroom for the refugee. Asked what the bed was like and where Natalya would sleep, he dodged the question before suggesting they could share a bed. “I have a large bed. We could sleep together,” he wrote.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â