The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its definitely happening dav i wouldnt make this shit up.

I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm just saying that not every rumour that goes around workplaces is true. Off topic here though!

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just an example of how management works in an NHS trust

There's an admin management role on band 4, the person in this role is an absolutely incompetent malcontent who gets all the staffs backs up, causing them to go off sick or put complaints in etc

Does NHS Trust deal with the problem and get rid of the member of staff down the disciplinary route? No. NHS Trust Management decide the best way to approach this is to remove the people that complained about the Band 4 manager and make them responsible to a new Band 5 manager, which is a new role they are creating and the band 5 manager will also be responsible for the band 4 manager. All the staff that didn't make a complaint report to the band 4 manger as before.

Even though those staff aren't strictly part of the band 4 bully's role, that person still has a say and still makes peoples life as difficult as possible

Here's the kicker. The band 4 manager was employed in a completely flawed recruitment process, this process is exactly the same when they employ the band 5 manager and the band 5 manager turns out to be lazy and useless. You now have a lazy get who can't be arsed managing the bully.

The good staff have already left at this point. The flawed recruitment process continues and more useless staff are employed to be bullied

Trust management are happy because complaints have reduced.

That doesnt suprise me bicks. Had something happen like this at our trust. A band 6 manager was bullying various members of staff beneath them. The service manager band 7 had to report it after months of gaining enough evidence (as HR stated) to present it to the band 8. As its so difficult to sack someone in nhs, they moved the bullying manager to another area of the hospital - case closed. So now she can bully other people in the trust in another area. 

The  policy protects staff so much and also having a shite HR department .Its an absolute shit show. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm just saying that not every rumour that goes around workplaces is true. Off topic here though!

Not a rumour, ive seen it. Dav seriously it really does make you think whats the point at times when the corruption is so blatent and nothing is done about it.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not a rumour, ive seen it. Dav seriously it really does make you think whats the point at times when the corruption is so blatent and nothing is done about it.

So do something about it. Be the change you want to see ;) 

• Like 1

Being permanently resident in the States whilst also being in one of the most important seats of power in the UK is a pretty smooth juggling act.

I wonder what his tax affairs look like. Good accountants do we reckon?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I will give you another example of a senior nhs manager has been working weekends on bank for years doing a band 4 job but putting the forms in as a band 8 pay as thats their role but regardless of that if your a band 8 if your doing band 4 work then use should be paid a band 4 for that day (did i mention sundays are double pay?) 

Is that a problem? I work in a private company and occasionally ask staff if they can work weekends. The staff get paid as per their hourly rate based on their salary, even if all i want is them to do is photocopying.  Their rate is their rate, it doesnt (and shoudn't) flex depending on what work i give them to do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Is that a problem? I work in a private company and occasionally ask staff if they can work weekends. The staff get paid as per their hourly rate based on their salary, even if all i want is them to do is photocopying.  Their rate is their rate, it doesnt (and shoudn't) flex depending on what work i give them to do.

I thought the same but like you I am from a non NHS area and wasn't sure if it was different. 

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

No not exactly.  So for example if you are preparing notes in a clinic thats a band 3 salary, if your booking TCIs (this is what us nhs staff call ops) thats a band 4 salary, if your working and managing beds wards (thats just a example) on a weekend thats a band 8 salary. 

So a band 8 would say they were doing band 8 work all weekend, but really they were doing a band 3 job but paying themselves on a band 8 double pay! Thats disgusting and a waste of taxpayers money. 

Im sure there are trusts that are not like mine, but its rife of it. 

There was one urology ops manager that actually got sacked for fraud a few years ago and suddenly he is back at our trust in a higher post. 

Sorry guys i know ive taken this off subject

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No not exactly.  So for example if you are preparing notes in a clinic thats a band 3 salary, if your booking TCIs (this is what us nhs staff call ops) thats a band 4 salary, if your working and managing beds wards (thats just a example) on a weekend thats a band 8 salary. 

So a band 8 would say they were doing band 8 work all weekend, but really they were doing a band 3 job but paying themselves on a band 8 double pay! Thats disgusting and a waste of taxpayers money. 

Im sure there are trusts that are not like mine, but its rife of it. 

There was one urology ops manager that actually got sacked for fraud a few years ago and suddenly he is back at our trust in a higher post. 

Sorry guys i know ive taken this off subject

So overtime is paid according to the task and not what your usual band is?

That must be something specific to NHS England, you don’t get a pay rate based on a task difficulty rating here.

And I’ve just this minute checked with someone that knows this schizz.

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

No

The misunderstanding here is that this is bank work

You have to join the bank and you get offers of other work outside your hours, possibly in other departments and offices. No one forces you to do it, and you apply for the bank shift and get paid the rate advertised for that role on that day

This is not the same as being asked to do overtime in your own role, it is entirely different and no one is obliged to join the bank. Some people only work on the bank, picking and choosing roles as they see fit as long as they are qualified for that role obviously

Yes. Sorry for not making it clearer. This is bank work i was referring to. Bicks has explained it perfectly

Bank work is massively over manipulated 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â