The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, tinker said:

He broke the COVID rules and borrowed billions to fund a failed track and trace app and heaps of faulty PPE.

His party is funded by Russians backed by Putin and you say he's done nothing wrong . People like you invite this clown to rule and then back your poor judgement with facts that's are bollox .

Ooops, I think you need to turn the sarcasm machine on.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Clear message? :lol: 

They’ve done nothing apart from direct the 800 staff to the nearest job centre.

To be fair to them, they do just say they are 'sending a clear message', not that the message is critical or need be any cause for concern for P&O or their owners.

I guess the overall 'message' is pretty clear, just not the one we'd like to hear.

• Like 2

Link

BC56382-B-C42-B-41-C7-9-FE4-3-B2-E34401-

Companies are forced to invent “disingenuous reasons” to fire staff because employment laws are stacked in favour of staff, the Conservative chairman has claimed.

Grant Shapps indicated a majority Tory government would make it easier for companies to dismiss under-performing workers. Tonight, the party was accused by union chiefs of seeking to strip all protections from employees.

Anybody who is looking to the government to help them with something they actually promised to allow and have delivered are going to be disappointed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair to them, they do just say they are 'sending a clear message', not that the message is critical or need be any cause for concern for P&O or their owners.

I guess the overall 'message' is pretty clear, just not the one we'd like to hear.

"Try not to get so much publicity next time, there's a good chap".

1 hour ago, tinker said:

He broke the COVID rules and borrowed billions to fund a failed track and trace app and heaps of faulty PPE.

His party is funded by Russians backed by Putin and you say he's done nothing wrong . People like you invite this clown to rule and then back your poor judgement with facts that's are bollox .

It's the fault of Labour and anybody who can't see that is wrong. Boris has only been in charge for a few years. He has saved us all.

😉

Edited by avfcDJ

The government have apparently expressed a desire that customers take it out on P&O and don't book journeys with them.

Perfectly in keeping with the doctrine that the state should not interfere with business and the market should decide.

• Like 2

The government knew in advance and then acted surprised on the day.

What will it take for people to stop voting for them? I mean quite literally what would they have to do to be turfed out of office?

What an absolutely bizarre place this is. Break it up and try something new.

• Like 2

Tim Farron’s take on the government’s scummy, new Anti-Immigration bill:

Well said, but it won’t make a blind bit of difference. The majority of people aren’t even aware of the bill, and even if they were they would see it as a good thing 🙁

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Tim Farron’s take on the government’s scummy, new Anti-Immigration bill:

Well said, but it won’t make a blind bit of difference. The majority of people aren’t even aware of the bill, and even if they were they would see it as a good thing 🙁

I think this is the sad truth and drove a lot of the Brexit vote as well.  A hell of a lot of people in this country are xenophobic.

It's sickening - and at the same time quite enlightening - to see true views coming through when big issues are out there.  Brexit, taking the knee, refugees et al; it's opened up just how intolerant and inhumane the general public, sadly, are.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The government have apparently expressed a desire that customers take it out on P&O and don't book journeys with them.

Perfectly in keeping with the doctrine that the state should not interfere with business and the market should decide.

See Andy Burhnam said the same the other day

The pragmatist in me wondered how much of our imported good are transported by P&O. Turns out its around 15% which might give a hint as to why it'll never happen.

Andy Burhnam possibly meant it. Government ministers probably mean the opposite. Both of them are still grandstanding

Personally, I don't see how it can happen without creating shortages

(I'm not condoning what P&O did btw, far from it)

53 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think this is the sad truth and drove a lot of the Brexit vote as well.  A hell of a lot of people in this country are xenophobic.

It's sickening - and at the same time quite enlightening - to see true views coming through when big issues are out there.  Brexit, taking the knee, refugees et al; it's opened up just how intolerant and inhumane the general public, sadly, are.

I agree. I said in the Russia thread, I would bet good money on the difficulty for Ukrainians to get asylum here in the UK being deliberate. Half the country will see and hear about that and think "good on 'em"

5p per litre. He is truly spoiling us. Even if there is such a huge disparity in fuel prices in a single town and there has been a rise in per litre price of over 5p in the last month alone. But you know, let them eat cake. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sunak announces cost of filling a tank fuel will come down by about £3, cost of living panic over.

It's a very easy announcement to make.  They'll be getting more in tax from the higher prices generally, so can afford to "cut tax" a bit and still be getting more money in.

Every time you buy a litre of Petrol you pay the government 58p in Fuel Duty plus 20% VAT

You don't need to be a maths genius to work out that a 5p cut in fuel duty is not stopping the gvt raking it in over the high prices

At £1:20 per litre the Government was earning 78p

At £1:80 per Litre the government is earning 88p

Even with a 5p cut at current prices the exchequer is 5p better off per litre than it was

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â