The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Before speculating that things are looking bad for Boris, it's probably worth remembering that he was allegedly clinging on by a thread due to a totally different story about 6 weeks ago, which he has danced merrily away from. 

• Like 4

Yes, Johnson is compromised by Russia, so is the Tory Party, So is Brexit etc BUTso is the Left. Let's not forget please that The Labour Party very recently had a Executive Director of Communications and Strategy who can be considered to be in the same category

I'm posting this not as whataboutery either, it just shows how Putin has manipulated large part of the UK political landscape

Our two main parties and a major UK referendum have been compromised by Putin

Talk of this nature had been ridiculed at the time. Does it seem so ridiculous now?

• Like 2

He is above the law.

I would like to see him force fed a dozen whole Stilton wheels, have 16 gallons of petrol pumped into his anus (live from any forecourt) and then have his head chopped orf.

I've no idea why assassination is frowned upon so much these days.

Actually when this is all over, there needs to be a full investigation of Russian Influnece in UK politics which MI5 and MI6 should be actively encouraged to partticipate in giving evidence (In Camera if neccessary)

I know it won't happen

But anyway, where's the Russia Report?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He is above the law.

I would like to see him force fed a dozen whole Stilton wheels, have 16 gallons of petrol pumped into his anus (live from any forecourt) and then have his head chopped orf.

I've no idea why assassination is frowned upon so much these days.

Why should we reward him?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

When will Newsnight fake up Russian hats for these useful idiots like they did for Corbyn?

Don't be daft, that was a total accident.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There needs to be a full investigation into the influence of money in UK politics - it's not being Russian alone that makes the ability to influence policy and regulation via donation a bad thing.

Saying that "Russian billionaires are able to change the policy of the UK government and re-write regulations, therefore Russia is bad" is akin to saying "The Yorkshire ripper is murdering women with hammers, therefore Yorkshire is bad".

What we need to stop is the idea that it's okay that if you have enough money you can expect to circumvent representative democracy. That should be true whether you're a Russian billionaire, a French billionaire, an American health insurer or an energy company.

I'm not disagreeing with that. They are two somewhat separate issues that also overlap.

• Like 1

Polish born tory MP that doesn’t understand how to use the settings on his twitter account, deletes twitter account because people keep responding to the shit he constantly drunk tweets.

spacer.png

On 26/04/2021 at 15:06, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, completely agree with that. I'm hardly going to complain if the proverbial straw is the one that was least objectionable, given so many of the others were.

Just as an aside, I see that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has today been sent back to prison in Iran for another year.

Reports that the Government is now planning to settle the £400m debt that it owes Iran from the 1970s meaning that Zaghari-Ratcliffe will probably be freed soon. 

Which is good, but makes you wonder why it took this many years. 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 11:57, OutByEaster? said:

There needs to be a full investigation into the influence of money in UK politics

Not just money, I'd suggest, but money and lobbying.

The balance is wrong, in terms of who the Government of the day listens to, seriously. The tories in particular, but it's not limited to them, there's almost an inbuilt institutional bias towards using only baseline economic value/benefit as the measure of whether something is "good" or not. Certainly economic impact seems the primary measure of value. It's what leads to destruction, damage, harm, illness, environmental damage, natural depletion and all kinds of bad things that are the opposite of beneficial, but barely considered in many instances.

• Like 2

Strategic announcement of the dropping of plans for cap MP earnings on ‘second jobs’.

So they made the right noises about it whilst it was news last year, even voted it in for approval but then Boris intervened and put a stop to it all at a time when he knew it would be buried under much bigger news.

Absolutely no integrity whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Strategic announcement of the dropping of plans for cap MP earnings on ‘second jobs’.

So they made the right noises about it whilst it was news last year, even voted it in for approval but then Boris intervened and put a stop to it all at a time when he knew it would be buried under much bigger news.

Absolutely no integrity whatsoever.

So that’s second jobs sorted, but for the benefit of my MP, have they mentioned third, fourth and fifth jobs?

I am trying to assess the actions of P&O concerning their sacking of 800 workers from their ferries.

In short, I want to know whether this was allowed under the employment laws enacted by New Labour or the Tories.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â