The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's what'll do for 'em

People already made angry by the parties, getting hit by climbing bills and prices and lack of availability of basic stuff will hammer the lid shut on them, I think.

Well you would think so. But can  you trust Labour on the economy? They will probably nationalise everything and tax you up the hilt, whilst forcing back into the eurozone. They will say.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Are they going to continue backing him? They’ll be asked a thousand times between now and May why they are backing someone who lied in parliament, broke lockdown rules etc etc. 

The usual suspects will keep their tongues between his cheeks but I think many will succumb to pressure from their constituents to move him on.

Either way, it’ll be fun to watch.

I think they have to between now and May because the window to replace him before May and build a campaign is slamming shut. Under their current rules it took two months to get from May's resignation (Late May a few weeks after the local elections) to Johnson's victory in late July

Two months from today (if it happened today, which it won't) would leave less than 3 weeks to organise a campaign, produce election material etc. It's just not really possible now, they have to wait.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

he always does. that's the problem. and there's a solid reliable core of godawful human beings who will blindly support this excremental maggot of a man. he could actually suck off a pig on telly and the boris acolytes will excuse it. 

"He's doing the best he can, the opposition wouldn't swallow"

2 hours ago, blandy said:

That's what'll do for 'em

People already made angry by the parties, getting hit by climbing bills and prices and lack of availability of basic stuff will hammer the lid shut on them, I think.

Nah, because Labour bankrupt the country remember.

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I fear these May election results are not going to be as disastrous for them as we might expect.  They're already gaining in the polls from this week.

Stockholm syndrome

In further fantastic and encouraging news which no doubt ties in with Bozo’s ‘levelling up’ charade, I mean campaign.

Schools have been issued with guidance on how they should facilitate teaching and discussion of many sensitive topics including the NHS……apparently it’s absolutely okay to put a pictures up thanking the NHS for all their hard work but no discussion on how it’s funded and whether or not more funding is required.

You couldn’t make this shit up, and yet, they do and are.

• Like 2

They've started localised campaigning on social media this week. Saw one last night which was basically saying 'do you trust Labour to look after Erdington and Kingstanding' while stating the council hasn't invested in Erdington.

Which doesn't have much to do with anything.

Nadine Dorries removing the condition applied to Murdochs acquisition of the Times, that he would avoid unduly influencing the Editorial content of said publication. It was considered prudent at the time, as his dominance of the newspaper scene was considered to be corrosive to balanced reporting. No such qualms from this witch apparently.

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Let him take the blame for May election losses, then the new one gets a clean slate.

Yes, think that's right. If they sacked him after May, they'd get a new leader in time for party conference. But I think they might prefer to try to leave as is and do the same thing next year instead.

Not confident about it though.

I think if there weren't quite so many jackals circling Boris carcass they'd cart him off early, but there's such a cacophony of c's battling for the job that I think they're seeing Boris as the stopper keeping the madness in the barrel at the moment  A rotten, stinking cork he might well be, but I suspect they'd like to have their internal war in private first, then put the winner in place.

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

They've started localised campaigning on social media this week. Saw one last night which was basically saying 'do you trust Labour to look after Erdington and Kingstanding' while stating the council hasn't invested in Erdington.

Which doesn't have much to do with anything.

Yep, damn by election. Had more political leaflets over the last 2 days than I have had the whole time living in Erdington (9 years). 

Just now, Genie said:

If/when Boris does go will he slip away into the night? Or be a noisy prick chirping in from the sidelines (to keep the Poundland Trump theme going a bit longer)?

He'll be as noisy as a British Leyland gearbox

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

He'll be as noisy as a British Leyland gearbox

If "next editor-in-chief of Telegraph Media Group" was a betting market that existed I reckon you could clean up pretty nicely. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

Let me get this straight.

Met refuse to investigate.

Then the Sue Gray investigation.

Just about to finish. 

Met now decide to investigate.

Makes the Sue Gray report pretty much unreadable due to not wanting to bias the investigation.

Now there's exceptional circumstances where the accusees can see the evidence against them before they have to testify.

The whole thing absolutely stinks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â