The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

We've gone from "There were no parties, all guidance was followed"

To a sitting MP publicly stating that a penalty notice isn't really that bad

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We've gone from "There were no parties, all guidance was followed"

To a sitting MP publicly stating that a penalty notice isn't really that bad

This is just an idiot Tory trying to change the narrative. The question is if the PM should resign for misleading parliament. Which he has, and a fixed penalty fine would be proof of that. Nobody is asking if the PM should resign because of a fixed penalty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Super Sunak to the rescue. Now Teflon coated. 

He has done f all in the grand scheme of things. Energy bills rise by £700 in April. He is giving a £200 rebate in October which we will have to pay back at £40 a year over 5 years. Energy cap is expected to rise by at least another £200 in October completely wiping out that £200 they are loaning people.

The one off £150 council tax rebate will probably just about cover for most the council tax increase in April.

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He has done f all in the grand scheme of things. Energy bills rise by £700 in April. He is giving a £200 rebate in October which we will have to pay back at £40 a year over 5 years. Energy cap is expected to rise by at least another £200 in October completely wiping out that £200 they are loaning people.

The one off £150 council tax rebate will probably just about cover for most the council tax increase in April.

Indeed. It's quite likely that 2022 is going to be an annus horribilis of falling share prices, increasing inflation (for most of the year at least) outpacing wage growth, with gas and fuel bills leading the way (talking to one colleague yesterday who is having a 150% increase in her energy bills).

What that's likely to mean politically is that Johnson is probably safe for the time being. The logical thing for the Tories to do would be to leave him in place as a receptacle for everyone's fury, and then replace him later (either before party conference or in early next year) in time for the outlook for personal finances to (hopefully) be improving a little.

Why do people need to eat and drink so much, why can't wrap up warm instead on putting the heating on. Why can't the lazy ******* walk to work. Don't get us started on disabled and vulnerable people, can't we just have them put down. It beggars what some of the conversations must be like behind closed Tory doors. We could not have a worse time in history to have these incompetent evil corrupts ******* running this country. Its inconceivable that any other party could run the government as bad as this. 

Apologies are no good, some of these Tories need locking up.

• Like 2

Rishi gets off the pot and picks a side 

Rishi Sunak has said controversy over Downing Street parties has damaged public trust in the government, but Boris Johnson has his "full support".

The chancellor told the BBC he believed the prime minister had always told the truth about parties in No 10.

Also has a poor memory and doesn’t look through windows

But, in an interview with BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg, he said he had been in that room "100, 200, God knows how many times" for Covid meetings during he pandemic, adding: "You're asking me about something that happened almost two years ago."

Asked whether he had been aware of multiple gatherings during lockdown, Mr Sunak, speaking in his office overlooking the Downing Street garden, replied: "People seem to think that I'm spending all my time there staring out of this window behind me... [But] I spent half my time in the Treasury, as well as working here."

Full BBC Story

He’s outed himself as another one of “them” (if there was any doubt).

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rishi gets off the pot and picks a side 

Also has a poor memory and doesn’t look through windows

Full BBC Story

He’s outed himself as another one of “them” (if there was any doubt).

Interestingly again the BBC are allowing commenting and they are 100% negative against him, Boris and the Government.

Boris Johnson’s longstanding policy chief Munira Mirza has dramatically quit over the prime minister’s attempt to associate Keir Starmer with the failure to prosecute paedophile Jimmy Savile.

In a strongly-worded resignation letter obtained by the Spectator, Mirza told Johnson: “This was not the usual cut and thrust of politics; it was an inappropriate and partisan reference to a horrendous case” of child sexual abuse.

Grauniad

• Like 4

'Our elderly relatives in war and immediately post war times lived through it' is one helluva great stance to sell.

You know when life sucked in many ways? We're going back to that, except we're charging you for the bits that were good back then as well.

Sign me up...!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â