The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

I understood it to be fraud around loans to small businesses, not the furlough scheme, and that these loans were facilitated by banks as the guvmint’s intermediary - I’m sure I read somewhere that loads of them didn’t even exist! Could be mistaken

It seems there are two stories doing the rounds, One is about the loans you mention and the other is about fraud in the Furlough, SEISS and Eat out Schemes and combined the figure is far higher than £4.3 bil (closer to £6bil)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I understood it to be fraud around loans to small businesses, not the furlough scheme, and that these loans were facilitated by banks as the guvmint’s intermediary - I’m sure I read somewhere that loads of them didn’t even exist! Could be mistaken

If Banks were sending money out without checking who they were dealing with they'd be in breach of some serious stuff regarding KYC/AML/sanctions legislation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

If Banks were sending money out without checking who they were dealing with they'd be in breach of some serious stuff regarding KYC/AML/sanctions legislation. 

It’s not something I know about, but that seems to be the gist of what I read. The banks didn’t do what they should have done wrt “who actually is our customer”

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But the police report may take months, and Sue Gray may not even be in charge once it's done. 

It's a stitch up.

It might and it could well be.

But the two or three follow up tweets to the one you posted, Dan Hodges is adamant that Johnson is not out of the woods.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also I imagine "changes to his top team" means somebody relatively high profile will take the blame and get sacked or resign. Just like Stratton

Or just the faceless civil servants working there.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also I imagine "changes to his top team" means somebody relatively high profile will take the blame and get sacked or resign. Just like Stratton

Tbh, the person who sent out a party invite to 100 people should probably get some kind of disciplinary action, as should the person who was contacted to say it was wrong but pushed ahead anyway (as should Boris as overall boss).

On 28/01/2022 at 10:07, StefanAVFC said:

It's clear what will happen.

Sue Gray's report is damning.

Met ask her to remove damning bits as they're investigating them.

Report is released with no very little to pin on Johnson.

Met drop their investigation.

Not far off.

The reality instead:

Report is released with no very little to pin on Johnson. <- we are here

Met complete their investigation with token penalty notices that aren't publicised ("we have completed our investigation and handed out x penalty notices to unnamed individuals")

No10 refuse to publish full Sue Gray report

Edited by StefanAVFC

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not far off.

The reality instead:

Report is released with no very little to pin on Johnson. <- we are here

Met complete their investigation with token penalty notices that aren't publicised ("we have completed our investigation and handed out x penalty notices to unnamed individuals")

No10 refuse to publish full Sue Gray report

and then watch the internal forces that oppose Johnson, find some way, to find and leak the report (or even someone on Team Gray)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

and then watch the internal forces that oppose Johnson, find some way, to find and leak the report (or even someone on Team Gray)

That's been my expectation throughout. It will be squashed initially, it'll leak, Bunter will deny that's actually the report, lift carpet, sweep report under it. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â