The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I doubt the royals give much of a shit, but to whatever extent they care they will share the same opinion as all the rest of the British establishment (ie at the end of the day it doesn't matter because at least they're not Corbyn). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I doubt the royals give much of a shit, but to whatever extent they care they will share the same opinion as all the rest of the British establishment (ie at the end of the day it doesn't matter because at least they're not Corbyn). 

I suspect madge will put up with anything that will keep her favourite son safe from Yankee harm

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I doubt the royals give much of a shit.

Disagree.

I think she must be bitterly disappointed about just about everything.

Family's in a shit state, country's in a shit state, Parliament's in a shit state.

• Like 2

Housing Secretary Michael Gove is vowing to "expose and pursue" firms responsible for safety problems caused by cladding, the BBC has learned.

On Monday, he will pledge to ease the "unfair burden" placed on leaseholders by issues exposed by the Grenfell fire.

He will set out measures aimed at forcing developers to pay for cladding removal from lower-height buildings, telling them "we are coming for you".

Changes to make it easier for owners to sell their homes will also be unveiled.

BBC Newsnight revealed on Friday that those who live in buildings between 11 and 18.5 metres high will not have to pay for the removal of dangerous cladding under the plans devised by Mr Gove.

In place of loans taken out by leaseholders, the government will attempt to secure up to £4bn from developers towards the costs.

In a statement to MPs on Monday, Mr Gove will say taxpayers should not be forced to cough up more money to pay for building defects like the removal of cladding.

He will set up a roundtable with developers to allow them to "do the right thing" before Easter but if that does not lead to a solution, Mr Gove will promise to "impose a solution upon them in law".

BBC

You'd like to say, ah some progress,  but it's more, wonder what else we'll get from an upcoming Tory leadership contest?

1 hour ago, Xann said:

BBC

You'd like to say, ah some progress,  but it's more, wonder what else we'll get from an upcoming Tory leadership contest?

Not even convinced its "leadership contest", it's more alarming dip in the polls territory. I hope all the people affected remember that when their original developers suddenly declare themeselves bankrupt and re-emerge as a completely new entity the next day, thus putting the problem right back where it is now. It's pretty much standard industry practice.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's pretty much standard industry practice.

It certainly is.

Though there's a threat of legislation there.

For me, he's more likely to practice that against builders than landlords, if someone's actually to take the fall?

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

For me, he's more likely to practice that against builders than landlords, if someone's actually to take the fall?

Most of the "builders" are also the holders of the freehold (in another different company name obviously, so they aren't), which makes them landlords too, sorry, Management Companies and they go bango even more frequently.

3 hours ago, Xann said:

BBC

Its encouraging words from Gove, but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. 

They've probably realised that a large chunk of the millions of leaseholders potentially affected are tory voters and are trying not to lose them. 

Jenrick was useless in his role... lets hope Gove does better. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Management Companies and they go bango even more frequently.

A visit to the country pile of a man that knocked Paddys for a living put me off construction.

Think we were meant to be impressed by his walled kitchen garden, and shiny new tractor recently purchased for his lawn?

We knew how the lifestyle was funded.

Grubby little man.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

"knocked Paddys" ????

Unpaid subcontractors. 

That's not a diss, they were the ones laying slabs before Eastern Europe arrived. Then it was them getting knocked.

Just after the millennium I could be the only Englander out of dozens of contractors on the roof on big jobs around London.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

"knocked" ????

Unpaid for works done.

Sometimes contractors would lean on individuals and small companies to supply manpower, often at short notice, like the same day. They could be quite nasty about it too.

When it came to settling up time, and the subbies submitted their bill, the contractor would ask "where's your purchase order?". That would be the subcontractor unpaid.

"That's business".

I spent a lot of time parked outside a roofing company on the North Circular. My boss would be in their office making a nuisance of himself, sometimes for hours, until they coughed up a cheque.

Smaller companies and individuals often didn't have the time or inclination to do this, would take the knock and move on.

Not everyone would take this lying down of course, if the heat from the unpaid got too high the contractor would often fold.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Unpaid for works done.

Sometimes contractors would lean on individuals and small companies to supply manpower, often at short notice, like the same day. They could be quite nasty about it too.

When it came to settling up time, and the subbies submitted their bill, the contractor would ask "where's your purchase order?". That would be the subcontractor unpaid.

"That's business".

I spent a lot of time parked outside a roofing company on the North Circular. My boss would be in their office making a nuisance of himself, sometimes for hours, until they coughed up a cheque.

Smaller companies and individuals often didn't have the time or inclination to do this, would take the knock and move on.

Not everyone would take this lying down of course, if the heat from the unpaid got too high the contractor would often fold.

You’ve written this in the past tense, which I guess reflects your experience.

It’s very much my job about 1 or 2 days a week, every week, fighting against this shit.

Major players in the construction industry, currently bullying like its 2008 again and then just plain deciding not to pay.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s very much my job about 1 or 2 days a week, every week, fighting against this shit.

Really dull :(

My mate would go sit on someone's desk and start reading everything that was on it.

Then move on to the next desk, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

BoZo was almost laughing about it when asked, anyone of importance knows they will get away with it completely, as long as few less known names get chucked under the bus to appease the proles. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â