The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Doesn't seem like much, does it, a few groups of people sat outside, in small groups, sharing some drinks?

At the time, I recall the police enforcing checkpoints on busy roads, as well as stopping people going into parks to tell them to go home unless they were exercising.

I didn't see my partner in person for about 4 months other than for distanced walks outside because she was staying with her family so we couldn't be a bubble.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

These leaks are relentless. 

This is surely deliberate to get him out?

Absolutely, they're mostly coming from what could only be conservative sources, and almost certainly being deliberately dripfed to force him into individual denials before either showing he was lying again, or that there was even more to it than he admits.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Absolutely, they're mostly coming from what could only be conservative sources

The angle of that photo apparently suggests it was taken from 11 Downing Street.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

they have defended it saying it was a staff meeting. ok, say we buy that. so they admit to drinking on the job during a national crisis then? scumbags

but keep these coming. i don't see him stepping down and as long as he's there the tories lose points. as things stand i don't see them winning a majority, but it could get even worse for them

The apparent indecision over whether to bring in even tighter restrictions (a circuit break/mini lockdown, whatever), is that more to do with the fear of pissing off the hundred or so MPs even more, causing them to rebel? 

Or is it more to do with a fear of (re)imposing those rules and the public by large disregarding them, partly through being fed up, but mainly as a **** you to him for the hypocrisy that’s been shown and therefore undermine whatever authority he has left?

Basically is he more worried about the reaction of the public or (a large section of) his own party?

I think the answer is both, but is one more pressing in his mind?

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The apparent indecision over whether to bring in even tighter restrictions (a circuit break/mini lockdown, whatever), is that more to do with the fear of pissing off the hundred or so MPs even more, causing them to rebel? 

Or is it more to do with a fear of (re)imposing those rules and the public by large disregarding them, partly through being fed up, but mainly as a **** you to him for the hypocrisy that’s been shown and therefore undermine whatever authority he has left?

Basically is he more worried about the reaction of the public or (a large section of) his own party?

I think the answer is both, but is one more pressing in his mind?

Probably cos Carrie can’t get pregnant and give birth in time. 

Although there are rumours of an affair, maybe that’ll be leaked soon.

Edited by avfcDJ

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

they have defended it saying it was a staff meeting. ok, say we buy that. so they admit to drinking on the job during a national crisis then? scumbags

It means that a lot of their decisions suddenly make a lot more sense.

I am conflicted. I have a work meeting at midday but also need to have a sight test. Can I have a perfectly acceptable cheese and wine course at the meeting, before I drive 30 miles to test my eyesight. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am conflicted. I have a work meeting at midday but also need to have a sight test. Can I have a perfectly acceptable cheese and wine course at the meeting, before I drive 30 miles to test my eyesight. 

It’s a tricky one, have you been raised your whole life with an Etonian sense of privilege and superiority?

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a tricky one, have you been raised your whole life with an Etonian sense of privilege and superiority?

Nanny instilled this into me. I tend to leave restaurants completely trashed and waitresses groped so make of that what you will.

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Nanny instilled this into me. I tend to leave restaurants completely trashed and waitresses groped so make of that what you will.

Yep fill your boots, rules aren’t for you, they are for little people.

• Like 3

It's a tough time at the moment. Keep Boris and watch him **** the country and destroy every aspect of the nation, or change the leader and the Tories have a new manager bounce all the way to a general election. Do we suffer this words removed idiocy in the hope he makes the Tory scum unelectable?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's a tough time at the moment. Keep Boris and watch him **** the country and destroy every aspect of the nation, or change the leader and the Tories have a new manager bounce all the way to a general election. Do we suffer this words removed idiocy in the hope he makes the Tory scum unelectable?

Yeah, it’s a tricky one.

My concern is also the relationship with Europe. A new leader might try and heal some of the wounds that Boris created. I’d rather that happened sooner rather than later, but as you say, the long game might be the better option.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

i cannot see how much better any of Johnson's crew could do. look at raab...it would be just as much of a shitshow. so i don't see that they would **** things up any more than boris would. there is indeed the fear that they don't appear to be quite as incompetent and get that new manager bounce as you say. it could very easily happen

so i would opt for the former personally. as long as he's in power, tory public opinion will only go one way

• Like 1

I guess the leaks are also coming from those who oppose further restrictions trying to undermine authority in a pandemic lockdown, and whilst boris and team have managed that perfectly well on their own, i fear this is being engineered by the particularly dickish libertarian wing of these pricks. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â