The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

22 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

There’s that bus again, another one thrown underneath it.

I rather think he threw himself under it.

Simon. Do some investigating about parties and find nothing.

Erm boss, I had a party. They’ll find out I had a party. Yes boss, good idea 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I find it incredible that Boris didn’t see this scandal coming. The issue is a major threat to his premiership so why just add fuel to the fire by picking someone who was actually at the party to investigate it? Did he think it wasn’t going to leak?

Maybe he’s incapable of thinking straight at the moment. I had my second kid five weeks ago and it’s completely destroyed my life. I’m certainly not performing at 100% at work right now.

Surely Boris asked him, were you at the parties? before asking him to investigate them.

So he either lied and said no

Or he said yes, and WTF is Boris playing at?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The guy who from the start seemed to be implicated in those parties he was asked to investigate?

How did it get this far when everyone knew already?

If the thing being investigated is "was there a party" I'd have said that someone who was at the party is the ideal person to investigate.

Close the case nice and quickly, more time for Tequila and strip-Twister.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The beautiful thing about what’s happening at the moment, and I’m convinced about this, is that there is an individual or a group of individuals out there that are leaking all of these photos and this evidence of Xmas parties and the Tory party have absolutely no idea what to do about it.

It can’t be a coincidence that these stories of Xmas parties were leaked… before Xmas. It’s all designed to put Johnson in an impossible position, especially around Covid and any further lockdowns. He’s absolutely powerless and has lost all authority on the topic because he’ll be seen as a hypocrite with any action he takes. 

Every other day, something new is leaked. He’s hired this chap to Investigate the parties, oh, he was at the parties? 

Somebody has the Tory party by the balls at the moment. The North Shrops by election result is evidence of the damage that is being inflicted onto Johnson and co. at the moment.

And I’m here for the ride. Enjoying every minute of it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The beautiful thing about what’s happening at the moment, and I’m convinced about this, is that there is an individual or a group of individuals out there that are leaking all of these photos and this evidence of Xmas parties and the Tory party have absolutely no idea what to do about it.

It can’t be a coincidence that these stories of Xmas parties were leaked… before Xmas. It’s all designed to put Johnson in an impossible position, especially around Covid and any further lockdowns. He’s absolutely powerless and has lost all authority on the topic because he’ll be seen as a hypocrite with any action he takes. 

Every other day, something new is leaked. He’s hired this chap to Investigate the parties, oh, he was at the parties? 

Somebody has the Tory party by the balls at the moment. The North Shrops by election result is evidence of the damage that is being inflicted onto Johnson and co. at the moment.

I started thinking something similar as soon as the Stratton video was linked. How many people knew that was even bring recorded? How many people had access to it?

Isn’t it awfully convenient it turned up a few days after the initial news, once Boris had time to come out and firmly say there hadn’t been any party, etc?

The only question for me is whether it’s a single mastermind or just a bunch of people who happen to hold small bits of incriminating evidence sending blood in the water and joining the (metaphorical) party. Either way it’s politics at its most savage, and it’s quite amusing to watch.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yup. First choice would obviously be "literally the worst people in the country not being in charge" but I'll take "literally the worst people in the country having a really, really shit time while in charge" as a consolation.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Yup. First choice would obviously be "literally the worst people in the country not being in charge" but I'll take "literally the worst people in the country having a really, really shit time while in charge" as a consolation.

Baby steps.

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I find it incredible that Boris didn’t see this scandal coming. The issue is a major threat to his premiership so why just add fuel to the fire by picking someone who was actually at the party to investigate it? Did he think it wasn’t going to leak?

Maybe he’s incapable of thinking straight at the moment. I had my second kid five weeks ago and it’s completely destroyed my life. I’m certainly not performing at 100% at work right now.

Seems like your coping with the joy of fatherhood just fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Again its posted upthread but one Spectator writer, writing in praise of Stratton decalred in his puff piece "I must declare I know her a bit", he left out that she's his bosses best mate and thats why its important to me to understand these relationships

Always a good idea to take every opportunity to remind people that we are ruled - across politics, media and business - by about 200 people who all either went to school or uni together, have business relationships together, or are sleeping with or married to each other.

We have a very narrow, incestuous ruling class, and it doesn't produce good government or intellectual variety. Worth addressing IMO.

• Like 4

On 17/12/2021 at 16:20, Mark Albrighton said:

For those of you who haven’t seen this interview but are sticklers for “The Golden Rule” being maintained at all times, that moment comes around the 8 minute mark.

If you don’t watch the 7 minutes and 59 seconds that preceded it, it goes without saying everything that asked was succinctly answered in a clear and coherent manner with absolutely no desperate bluster whatsoever.

This is really **** annoying. The guy never answers anything. 

I bet when Carrie asks him what he wants for tea he says “the fastest vaccine rollout in Europe”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:
 Apologies for the source.

You’ve got to wonder about the **** morals of someone that has resigned because this tory thieving government isn’t right wing enough.

• Like 2

Why people in *any* job get involved in WhatsApp/text conversations, i'll never know. We've seen them leaked far too many times. 

Sorry, went off on a tangent then. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â