The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

For those of you who haven’t seen this interview but are sticklers for “The Golden Rule” being maintained at all times, that moment comes around the 8 minute mark.

If you don’t watch the 7 minutes and 59 seconds that preceded it, it goes without saying everything that asked was succinctly answered in a clear and coherent manner with absolutely no desperate bluster whatsoever.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise that right now the two main contenders are Rishi "California Dreaming" Sunak and Liz "Pork Exports" Truss. The latter fails any competency test, they both fail the divisive test. There are lots of Tory MPs who don't like a female leader, especially one as incomprehensibly stupid as Liz Truss and the Swivel Eyed Loons in the constituencies will wonder why the waiter in the local Curry House is leading their Party. Neither of those two candidates will unite the party.

If Boris is dumped I hope to god it's Truss that wins. Her clown act is not an act unlike Boris

I mean / meant divisive in terms of dividing the country rather than dividing the party. I personally think Truss would be just as divisive as Boris is as she'd go down the culture war route, whereas I think Sunak would try the economic competence route instead. I think Sunak would both be more likely to win a general election and would make a better prime minister. I think Starmer might be in trouble if he was facing Sunak because he's the most obvious Tory candidate who ticks the "seems like a safe pair of hands" box, which is the main thing Starmer has going for him at the moment.

We've had this discussion before but I don't personally think many Tories would be bothered that an ethnic person was in charge of their party if he speaks with a British accent, believes in free market economics and looks like he'll win them the election. I think most of the "brown people go home" crew probably vote UKIP, whereas the Tories are willing to accept the "correct" kind of ethnic person - and Sunak very much falls into that category imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I mean / meant divisive in terms of dividing the country rather than dividing the party. I personally think Truss would be just as divisive as Boris is as she'd go down the culture war route, whereas I think Sunak would try the economic competence route instead. I think Sunak would both be more likely to win a general election and would make a better prime minister. I think Starmer might be in trouble if he was facing Sunak because he's the most obvious Tory candidate who ticks the "seems like a safe pair of hands" box, which is the main thing Starmer has going for him at the moment.

We've had this discussion before but I don't personally think many Tories would be bothered that an ethnic person was in charge of their party if he speaks with a British accent, believes in free market economics and looks like he'll win them the election. I think most of the "brown people go home" crew probably vote UKIP, whereas the Tories are willing to accept the "correct" kind of ethnic person - and Sunak very much falls into that category imo.

Sunak is getting great copy at the moment, it’ll soon shift if he moves up a job.

The press aren’t making much of a deal of him being away in California on ‘private business’, they might change that stance if he was the new ‘responsible’ PM.

As for Truss, that stupid tank stunt tells me as soon as her popularity started to dip she’d be invading South Georgia again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I mean / meant divisive in terms of dividing the country rather than dividing the party.

Party / Country, sames applies really

7 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I personally think Truss would be just as divisive as Boris is as she'd go down the culture war route,

Agreed

7 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think Sunak would try the economic competence route

Sunak is the be careful what you wish for candidate, he voted against the fiscal measures he brought in at Cabinet, his connections at the The Spectator as asbad as Johnson's, Allegra Stratton is Godmother to his two children

Fiscally Sunak is a give the peasants nothing kind of chancellor

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sunak is getting great copy at the moment, it’ll soon shift if he moves up a job.

The press aren’t making much of a deal of him being away in California on ‘private business’, they might change that stance if he was the new ‘responsible’ PM.

As for Truss, that stupid tank stunt tells me as soon as her popularity started to dip she’d be invading South Georgia again.

Agreed on both points. I actually can't see Truss winning a general election, she's just too much of a goon to pull it off imo.

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sunak is the be careful what you wish for candidate, he voted against the fiscal measures he brought in at Cabinet, his connections at the The Spectator as asbad as Johnson's, Allegra Stratton is Godmother to his two children

Fiscally Sunak is a give the peasants nothing kind of chancellor

Yeah. I think he's deliberately kept himself a blank slate so there's an element of me projecting here, as I definitely prefer the "economic competence" Tories to the "culture war populism" Tories. If Sunak took over and ran the country competently but heartlessly for five years and then Labour won, it's relatively easy to just increase public spending afterwards. The populist Tories don't even have that going for them. Hopefully Sunak isn't a secret culture warrior.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Allegra Stratton is Godmother to his two children

So what, really?

I mean she doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Even if she were to be a hard right Tory, or for that matter a Labour or whoever voter, she has done various jobs in her career. She seemed good at most of them, the journo ones, and not so good at the Spokesperson one, in so far as she never actually got to do that job, except in rehearsals, where she was filmed laughing at the absurdity of (practising) having to defend/deny the undeniable.

Other than some sort of guilt by association, and having the fortune (or not) to know some senior Tory MPs, she's to my way of thinking utterly irrelevant in terms of any party or its conduct or members or MPs. She's just someone who had a job working for a party for a bit, who, unlike the actual sinners, resigned immediately a problem was percieved.

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

So what, really?

I mean she doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Even if she were to be a hard right Tory, or for that matter a Labour or whoever voter, she has done various jobs in her career. She seemed good at most of them, the journo ones, and not so good at the Spokesperson one, in so far as she never actually got to do that job, except in rehearsals, where she was filmed laughing at the absurdity of (practising) having to defend/deny the undeniable.

Other than some sort of guilt by association, and having the fortune (or not) to know some senior Tory MPs, she's to my way of thinking utterly irrelevant in terms of any party or its conduct or members or MPs. She's just someone who had a job working for a party for a bit, who, unlike the actual sinners, resigned immediately a problem was percieved.

That really isn’t who Stratton really is. She’s vile, look at video of the interview she’d did with the working mother on benefits that was posted up thread when she resigned a few weeks ago. She’s sodding horrible. Her husband is James Forsyth, political editor of The Spectator. The two families are the greatest Of friends, politically and socially. This isn’t guilt by association it’s guilt by guilt. Rants about unmarried single mothers are a speciality. I think the only reason she resigned so quickly is that Team Sunak needed her out of there quickly. She’ll be back no doubt about it and she’ll be just as vile. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really isn’t who Stratton really is. She’s vile, look at video of the interview she’d did with the working mother on benefits that was posted up thread when she resigned a few weeks ago. She’s sodding horrible. Her husband is James Forsyth, political editor of The Spectator. The two families are the greatest Of friends, politically and socially. This isn’t guilt by association it’s guilt by guilt. Rants about unmarried single mothers are a speciality. I think the only reason she resigned so quickly is that Team Sunak needed her out of there quickly. She’ll be back no doubt about it and she’ll be just as vile. 

It doesn't matter to me. She could be nasty. nice, Labour or Tory. I don't get how (say) one Posh Tory MP family being friends with some other people who we might not like, when they're just London Bubble media folk actually matters in the scheme of things. I mean we (well I do) kind of factor in that people kind of move in their social groups, with common sets of things they think or attitudes or whatever. To me, she just doesn't matter or make any difference to the baby eater party.

It's like "ooh, did you know that Donald Trump - he's friendly with Nigel Farage?". Now Farage might be (OK, definitely is) a prime bell end, but of all the things to complain about with Trump, it's not that he uses/is mates with the grifter.

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's like "ooh, did you know that Donald Trump - he's friendly with Nigel Farage?". Now Farage might be (OK, definitely is) a prime bell end, but of all the things to complain about with Trump, it's not that he uses/is mates with the grifter.

I found that was the final straw, for me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

It doesn't matter to me. She could be nasty. nice, Labour or Tory. I don't get how (say) one Posh Tory MP family being friends with some other people who we might not like, when they're just London Bubble media folk actually matters in the scheme of things. I mean we (well I do) kind of factor in that people kind of move in their social groups, with common sets of things they think or attitudes or whatever. To me, she just doesn't matter or make any difference to the baby eater party.

Well it matters to me because all three of them are horrible (I have no opinion on Sunaks wife) and because it's important to see who operates in these little cabals within the Tory Party so we can see the people who really benefit from their actions. These little groupings are also important to understand when for example James Forsyth is writing gushing appraisals of Sunal in the Spectator or less obviously when his staff are writing about them as happened when Stratton went all Meryl Streep after her resignation

Again its posted upthread but one Spectator writer, writing in praise of Stratton decalred in his puff piece "I must declare I know her a bit", he left out that she's his bosses best mate and thats why its important to me to understand these relationships

35 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Reading in the Twittersphere that Simon is no longer on the Case.

The guy who from the start seemed to be implicated in those parties he was asked to investigate?

How did it get this far when everyone knew already?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

The guy who from the start seemed to be implicated in those parties he was asked to investigate?

How did it get this far when everyone knew already?

I find it incredible that Boris didn’t see this scandal coming. The issue is a major threat to his premiership so why just add fuel to the fire by picking someone who was actually at the party to investigate it? Did he think it wasn’t going to leak?

Maybe he’s incapable of thinking straight at the moment. I had my second kid five weeks ago and it’s completely destroyed my life. I’m certainly not performing at 100% at work right now.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â